PDA

View Full Version : OT- Recommendation for Photoshop how-to book

firstbaby
11-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Rather than post a million question posts directed to our Photoshop gurus on this board, is there a nice photoshop book that I can pick up that would walk me through it? I have photoshop elements 3.0 and the "instruction" book that comes with it is minimal - clearly I was paying for the software only when I bought it :) I have "mastered" Rashmi's collage tutorials (Thanks Rashmi!) but want to learn how to do more! So, anyone got any good photoshop books to recommend?

August Mom
11-13-2005, 04:37 PM
We have one that is pretty good for providing step-by-step directions on how to do specific things: The Photoshop Elements 3 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby.

LD92599
11-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Do you have a Mac or PC? There's definitely more PC based books for Elements than Mac.

Laura
mom to William

LKibala @ optonline.net
[img]http://lilypie.com/baby3/030305/1/2/0/-5/.png

firstbaby
11-13-2005, 04:46 PM
I have a PC - thanks :)

mommy_someday
11-13-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm learning photoshop on the PC, too. I looked around on Amazon and read a lot of good recommendations for books by Deke McClelland. The specific book is going to depend on what version of photoshop you're using. The books I have are Adobe Photoshop CS One-on-One by Deke McClelland and Photoshop CS Killer Tips by Scott Kelby. I haven't gotten very far yet, but what I've used so far has been pretty good. The McClelland book has a tutorial CD with it, too, which I'm excited to try.

Good luck and HTH! :)

firstbaby
11-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone else had other recs? I am open to picking up more than one book.

Thanks!

LD92599
11-15-2005, 09:18 PM
I'd go w/ anything from Kelby or the books that are clearly step by step. Each page spread is one "how to." Those are by far the easiest (for me!) to learn Photoshop!

Laura
mom to William

LKibala @ optonline.net
[img]http://lilypie.com/baby3/030305/1/2/0/-5/.png