PDA

View Full Version : what are you thankful for this thanksgiving?

bcky2
11-14-2005, 01:48 PM
i hope that there is not another post like this already going that i missed. with thanksgiving around the corner what are you thankful for?

i am thankful that my dad has a very good chance at beating his cancer.

i am thankful that my boys are my boys and no matter how much they drive me crazy. i love them with all their quirks and weird behavior, even with the tantrums :)

i am thankful for my family that i have and the support that they give

i am thankful for all of my friends and their support in my addiction of cloth diapers :P

i am thankful that we found our "home" and the move went well.

i am thankful that little natalie is doing good and making her mama proud.

i am thankful that there is a great place like the bbb to come and share the good, bad, and ugly }(

i am thankful that me and my family are happy and healthy.

i am thankful that i have my husband(on most days ;) )

octmom
11-14-2005, 02:13 PM
In no particular order:

I am thankful for my DH

I am thankful for my DS, who amazes me every day and who makes me laugh and smile even after long days at work

I am thankful that my pregnancy seems to be going well and that we will have another sweet little person in our family in a few months

I am thankful for the rest of my family-- parents, brother, ILs

I am thankful that my mom seems to be adjusting to retirement pretty well and that she is making efforts to meet new people in her new community

I am thankful for a job that I find interesting and rewarding most days

I am thankful that my brother has found someone he loves and that I think a marriage proposal is imminent

I am thankful for good health

I am thankful for having a nice home (even if it is not my dream home) in a place I love

I am thankful for my friends, old and new

I am thankful that the future seems bright

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

icunurse
11-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Other than the usual that I am grateful for living in America, with a roof over my head, enough food on the table, and the continued health of myself/DH/DS and our family and friends, I am thankful for:
- DH and his never-ending patience and love
- DS and all that he teaches me every day (good things and bad :) )
- DS's birthfamily, for their decision, their love for DS, and support of our family
- my friends for keeping me grounded and patient
- the opportunity to choose to be a SAHM
- the resources to bring another child into our family

Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!

barbarhow
11-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Without a doubt #1 on my list I am thank ful for my wonderful family-especially my husband whoselove and support I could not live without. He constantly amazes me with his generosity and patience. He is one of the greatest people to ever enter my life.

I am thankful for the other 2 great people who have recently entered my life-Anna and Jack. Jack whose brilliance brightens my every day and Anna whose sweet disposition and smile light up a room even on a dark day.

I am thankful for my friend KS who is on the path to becoming a great great friend.

I am thankful for having found a wonderful career that I love and for having the courage to strike out on my own.

I am so thankful to have the mommies on the BBB who offer me such wonderful support and encouragement, inspiration and positive examples. I am constantly awed by the knowledge that I learn from my fellow mommies.

I am so thankful to have my wonderful sister who adores my children and showers them with love.

I am so thankful to have known my MIL even for the short 6 years that I knew her. I am thankful that she was such a wonderful mother and taught my husband how to love and be the amazing man that he is.

ETA-I am thankful for being at the top of the winners list of the football pool at my DH's work because if I win I will be able to buy the new Oi Oi bag I want and have some $ left over....

Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

amp
11-14-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm thankful that I'm going to have a new baby girl to share the holidays with.
I'm thankful for my husband and my son, both of whom brighten my world immeasurably.
I'm grateful that I got myself involved with MOMS Club, which is saving my sanity and helping me form some great friendships and support systems!
I'm grateful that we have a nice roof over our heads and food in our cupboards.
I'm grateful that my family, including my parents are alive and well and thriving.
I'm thankful that some of the prayers I've prayed this year have been answered and that those close to me are experiencing healing and blessings that we've prayed for.
I'm thankful that the holidays will have new meaning this year with a newborn in the house.
I'm thankful for the love and support of those around me.