PDA

View Full Version : looking for recipes for pork terderlion...

ctmom
11-15-2005, 09:44 AM
A few weeks ago my local grocery store had buy 1 get 1 free so I stocked up on pork terderions and now I getting sick of my ONE recipe I use for it! I usually braise it, put it in the slow cooker with apple sauce, cider vinager, bbq sauce and a diced apple and just let it cook for a few hours. With the leftovers I add more bbq sauce and make pulled pork sandwiches. Does anyone have another recipe for a pork tenderlion? If I baked it in the oven how long does it take?

Thanks!

bluej
11-15-2005, 10:20 AM
1 12 oz pork tenderloin, cut in 1/2 inch thick slices
1 pkg (8 oz) assorted wild mushrooms, tough stems discarded
1 packet roasted pork gravy mix

Heat 1 Tb oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add pork and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until lightly browned and just barely pink in center. Remove to plates and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.

Reduce heat to medium, add mushrooms to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until lightly browned and soft. Stir in 1 1/4 cups water and gravy mix; cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until gravy thickens. Spoon over pork.

slknight
11-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Here are two of my favorites. The tacos are very quick and easy to make.The thai pork stew is also awesome. It calls for just pork loin, but you can use tenderloin.

Spicy Pork-and-Bell Pepper Tacos

Total time: 29 minutes

1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch strips
1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
Cooking spray
1 1/2 cups red bell pepper strips (about 1 large)
1 1/2 cups green bell pepper strips (about 1 large)
1 1/2 cups yellow bell pepper strips (about 1 large)
1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
3/4 cup bottled salsa
Lime wedges (optional)

Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add pork, and cook for 8 minutes or until the pork loses its pink color. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Divide pork evenly among tortillas; top each serving with 1/2 cup pepper mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese, and 2 tablespoons salsa, and fold. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings

CALORIES 341 (25% from fat); FAT 9.3g (satfat 3.2g, monofat 2.2g, polyfat 2.1g); PROTEIN 32.2g; CARBOHYDRATE 31.2g; FIBER 2.9g; CHOLESTEROL 83mg; IRON 4.3mg; SODIUM 839mg; CALCIUM 148mg;

Cooking Light, JUNE 2001

Thai-Style Pork Stew

Peanut butter melds with classic Asian flavors to lend this one-dish meal a Thai flair. Lime makes a perfect accent.

Stew:
2 pounds boned pork loin, cut into 4 pieces
2 cups (1 x 1/4-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Remaining ingredients:
6 cups hot cooked basmati rice
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
8 lime wedges

To prepare stew, trim fat from pork. Place pork and next 5 ingredients (pork through garlic) in an electric slow cooker. Cover with lid, and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker, and coarsely chop. Add peanut butter to liquid in slow cooker; stir well. Stir in pork.
Combine stew and rice in a large bowl. Top each serving with onions and peanuts; serve with lime wedges.

Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup stew, 1 tablespoon green onions, about 1/2 teaspoon peanuts, and 1 lime wedge)

CALORIES 412 (30% from fat); FAT 13.6g (satfat 3.6g, monofat 6.2g, polyfat 2.5g); PROTEIN 28.9g; CARBOHYDRATE 42.3g; FIBER 2.1g; CHOLESTEROL 64mg; IRON 2.9mg; SODIUM 425mg; CALCIUM 37mg;

ethansmom
11-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Pork Tenderloin w/Dried Cherry Compote

Mustard marinade
1 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons thyme, finely chopped
1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped

Dried Cherry Compote
½ small red onion, diced
¼ cup ****ake mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups Beef Stock
1 teaspoon orange zest (I’ve never used)
2 cups Cabernet Sauvignon wine
1 cup dried cherries
¼ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
½ cup port wine
3 tablespoons butter, chilled, cut into pieces

Mustard Marinade: In a blender (I just whisk), puree olive oil and garlic. Add remaining ingredients and blend well.

Marinate pork tenderloin in Mustard Marinade in refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hrs. Grill or broil tenderloin until medium, approximately 8-10 mins. Slice on bias into ¼� pieces. Ladle ¼ cup Cherry Compote on plate and place sliced port on tip of compote. Garnish w/fresh rosemary sprigs.

Dried Cherry Compote: Saute red onions and ****ake mushrooms in olive oil until lightly browned, approx. 3-5 mins. Add Beef Stock, orange zest, Cabernet Sauvignon; bring to a boil and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by half. Add dried cherries, orange juice, thyme and port wine. Return to a boil and continue cooking until liquid is of a syrupy consistency. Remove from heat and whisk in chilled butter, one piece at a time. Return to a boil prior to serving.

DebbieJ
11-15-2005, 11:57 AM
I keep hearing radio ads for www.theotherwhitemeat.com. They have recipes.

eta: I just went to the site. They have tons of recipes. Do an advanced search and you can search by type of pork you have, how long it takes to prepare, etc. Incredible.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

wagner36
11-15-2005, 12:34 PM
I have a really good one that I'll try and remember to post when I get home. It's a coffee pork tenderloin and it is really good.

abigailsmom
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Marinade in terriyaki. Break out your Foreman-type grill. Put the whole thing on there and let the outside of it sear... all the way around. Take it off and let it rest a few minutes. Slice it into coins, cut them thicker if you want them less than well-done. Put them back on the Foreman grill and cook to your desired temp.

Everywhere that the grill touches the pork with be slightly sweeter b/c of the carmelization of the terriyaki sauce. It is so yummy and quick. (Except the marinading, but you could do that early in the day)

This is a big hit with my 3 year old so I hope that you enjoy as well.

Robyn
Mama to my little BEASTIE, Abigail

P.S. She is a beastie b/c she is trying to avoid rest time today!!! X(

JFC
11-15-2005, 04:28 PM
We're actually having this tonight...

Roasted pork tenderloin

Preheat oven to 450
Rub tenderloin w/ olive oil, coarse salt and black pepper.
Cut up veggies of your choice - I alternate w/ zucchini and yellow squash or pototoes - either cut up and tossed w/ olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper and cover the bottom of the pan w/ the veggies and place the tenderloin on top. Cook for about 35-45 minutes (until your instant read thermo. reads 150. Let it rest 5 minutes, slice, serve and enjoy! FWIW, my DS LOVES this pork. I have another recipe that involves an apricot glaze - I'll try to find it and add it in. HTH!

August Mom
11-15-2005, 06:05 PM
This is my favorite pork tenderloin recipe.

Honey-Gingered Pork Tenderloin

2 pork tenderloins (about 3/4 pound each)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup oyster sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons fresh ginger root, minced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon catsup
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Place tenderloins in 11x7-inch baking dish.

2. Combine remaining ingredients, stirring well. Pour over tenderloins. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning occasionally.

3. Remove tenderloins from marinade, reserving marinade. Grill tenderloins over medium-hot coals 25 to 35 minutes, turning often and basting with reserved marinade. Alternatively, bake tenderloins (covered) in a 325 degree preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes. The pork is done when its internal temperature reaches 160 degrees at the thickest portion.

4. To serve, slice tenderloins thinly and arrange on a serving platter.

Serves 4-6.

bunnisa
11-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Marinate it overnight, grill it (sear it at high heat, then reduce temp), and serve with horseradish sauce and pumpernickel bread. Almost as good as beef tenderloin!

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres

bostonsmama
11-15-2005, 09:41 PM
I usually use a marinated pork tenderloin, but I bet you could use a plain one, just season w/ salt and pepper and 1/2 tsp thyme. Works best w/ 1.5-2lb tenderloin.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out a thawed sheet of puff pastry on a floured surface into a 12-inch square. Defrost & drain 6 ounces of frozen chopped spinach and place in center of pastry in a 10-inch line. Squeeze about 2 Tbsp of honey dijon mustard along spinach. Place tenderloin down the center (on top of mustard and spinach) and fold pastry around loin by overlapping the long sides around the loin, then bringing up the short sides and pressing them together to form a seal. Pam (grease) a lipped cookie sheet and place wrapped loin fold-side down. Score 3 diagonal lines in the top of the pastry. Brush with eggwash (beaten egg plus tsp water) if desired and bake for 20-30 min. Sometimes if I have remaining puff pastry I'll cut out leaf or flower shapes and press them on top.

Let sit for 8 min once removed from oven so juices have a chance to re-enter the meat. This recipe is a favorite at my house. I serve it w/ herbed roasted red baby potatoes. The crust is so yummy. Every once in a while I'll add a little sauteed chopped onion and cut down the spinach.

Larissa

mama2galpals
11-15-2005, 11:18 PM
this is a very informal recipe but it is quick and easy and comes out really good. i just take the pork tenderloin and coat it with saucy susan (duck sauce type thing) and brown sugar plus salt and pepper and garlic powder and cook it. it's pretty good!

rita
mommy to
olivia '97
stella '00
emma '03

the truth can hurt your feelings, but lies can break your heart.

http://lilypie.com/baby3/030123/3/4/1/+10/.png

ctmom
11-16-2005, 12:25 PM
thanks for all the suggestions, they all sound great!

btw...great website for pork!!

crayonblue
11-16-2005, 12:37 PM
I mix up a marinade of honey (lots of it), black pepper and dijon mustard. I bake it and marinade it again halfway through. Really yummy!