PDA

View Full Version : Need MAJOR help on buying CHRISTMAS PRESENT for my Dad & Step-Mom

Corie
11-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Usually, we split the cost of a one-year Wine Club
membership with my brother and his wife. I sent them
an email yesterday to make sure we were still good to
go. I received an email this morning from SIL and she
said that they have already bought my Dad and Step-mom
their presents.

So, now we are 1 week away from Thanksgiving and I have
no gifts for them.

Why am I stressing out? Because this Saturday is
my daughter's 4th birthday party and then we are hosting
the big family Thanksgiving dinner. All my Christmas
shopping has to be done by Thanksgiving since we are exchanging
gifts at that time.

Any suggestions on a gift idea? I would prefer a combo
gift but I am open to any ideas!!

cdlamis
11-15-2005, 10:23 AM
My sister and I usually go in on a gift certificate to a local B&B for our parents. I don't know what your price range is but maybe even a $50 GC would be nice.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

cbm
11-15-2005, 10:37 AM
How about a gift basket? You can do it yourself or have it made locally to your specification. You could put a bottle of wine in it since they enjoy wine. $ 50.00 or more should get you a nice gift basket. The key is to choose an inexpensive basket so the money can be spent on the goodies.

Other ideas: gift certificate to book store, restaurant, wine store (if they do that). You could also get a few bottles of wine (something you know they really like), a bottle of champagne should work as well provided they usually drink it.

Claudia

DS 12/18/04

cuca_
11-15-2005, 10:39 AM
I don't know how much you want to spend, but since you mentioned the wine club, how about a case of wine or several nice bottles. Also, there are these wine tumblers (I think I've seen them in the William Sonoma catalog) that I think are great. Also, how about a nice crystal decanter to pour wine into, or a good bottle opener.

This year we are getting my inlaws a tool set and log basket for their fireplace. We've also gotten them stainless steel flatware, a good set of kitchen knives, and telephones. I can't think of any other joint gifts right now, but if I do I'll come back and edit.

HTH

Carmen
DD May 2003
DD May 2005

bunnisa
11-15-2005, 10:39 AM
If you're a Costco member, you should check out their gift baskets. All price ranges and much less expensive than comparable baskets in retail stores.

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres

pritchettzoo
11-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Can you be super original and do a 6 month Wine Club membership?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)