PDA

View Full Version : Question for twins or moms of twins

cdlamis
11-15-2005, 07:43 PM
We have a birthday party coming up for 3 year old twins (boy and girl) who are Julia's friends- their mom is a very good friend of mine. I know you are usually supposed to bring one gift for each but we would really like to get them a butterfly kit (approved by their mom) since Julia loved hers and I think both would enjoy.

The price of the kit equals what we would normally spend on both combined (not that it really matters anyway). Is this ok to do? Or is it a huge faux paux in the twin community?

TIA~

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

kfcboston
11-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Well, I haven't been a member of the club for that long, but from what I've heard it is indeed faux paux. I think a lot of parents can be sensitive about that, to wanting them to be separate people, KWIM? And also, couldn't that one item be something for the two of them to fight over? :)

Good luck, and have fun!

kensjen
11-15-2005, 11:35 PM
I would say no. DH's family is full of twins, and we have learned that they all like to be treated as individuals...no matter the age. Although, you said the gift was approved by their mom, so if she knows you are getting it, maybe that is OK? Or could you do a little tiny something for each of them in addition to the kit?

I