PDA

View Full Version : My BBB-inspired shopping trip

trentsmom
11-17-2005, 01:39 PM
I just got back from getting all kinds of things I've read about here on the boards. Bare Escentuals makeup from Sephora (trying it to see if I like it), slippers for DS from The Children's Place, and bubbles from Gymboree (this stuff is great!). And on the way home, I stopped by the newly opened Trader Joes and got TJ's cereal bars, dark chocolate covered pretzels, Kiss My Face hand soap, and some other fun goodies. I'll have to find the older messages where lots of you told about good things to get at TJ. What would I do without you? :) Oh, and a Kettler Air Navigator is arriving tomorrow from Sunrise Cyclery. Fun, fun!!

deenass
11-17-2005, 01:45 PM
LOL! I juse recently bought Bare Essctuals as a result of this board too!

JFC
11-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Me too! ;-)

I just bought the "starter" package yesterday - I LOVE it!

Wife_and_mommy
11-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Isn't this place awesome?? I don't buy anything these days without checking it out on the BBB first. :)

brittone2
11-17-2005, 03:57 PM
It only gets worse from here LOL ;) I've had so much wonderful help and saved so much time deciding on items by learning what things were recommended by the great parents on this board who have BTDT. It is such a great resource.

saschalicks
11-17-2005, 03:57 PM
We are such enablers. I cannot even tell you all of the things I've bought b/c of this group.

brittone2
11-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Who was it that said a few months ago their husband (I think?) refers to it as "spaving"...spending in the name of saving money ;) ??? I thought that was so funny and now we use the word spave around here on a regular basis ;)

This board gets me to spave all of the time LOL. I'd like to think it is evened out by having to deal with less trial/error though because so many of the products/suggestions are tried and true :)

saschalicks
11-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Amen Sister!

mom to little e
11-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Chantel - what a fun shopping trip! I know exactly what you mean - I don't think I go and buy much of anything without getting some kind of "review" from the BBB! (Next on my list is checking out aerobeds for the holiday guests!)

How's big-boy Trent? Getting ready for a birthday soon?? :)
Maryann

Ean 11/06/03
Baby #2 EDD 01/08/06 - It's a girl!