PDA

View Full Version : Updated - Way OT and totally gross - I need help FAST!

Jenn98
11-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Well, it was a job that wet wipes couldn't handle. He's a long haired mess. So I called my MIL to watch DD who had just woken up, put on my thickest pair of jeans, a long sleeve shirt and rounded up the little bugger (or should I say Pooper?). Anyway, I'll spare you the details, but it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. But it wasn't good, either. At one point I was on my knees squishing a cat to the floor of our shower with one hand and trying to spray him down with the other. Then his foot got caught in the drain and the spayer doesn't reach as far as I neeed it to. But, he only bit me once and that was my fault - I wasn't as careful as I should have been and I cut his skin a little when I was cutting away some fur after he was washed.

Thank you for your support and I hope none of you have to give your cat a shower tonight!

I'm warning you, this is gross, so it's not my fault if you read it and don't want to eat your dinner tonight. Here goes .................................................. ................................. .................................................. ......................................... .................................................. ........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .. .................................................. .................................................. .

My cat has poop all over his backside. What do I do? He HATES water and is a real pain in the arse in general. I have to clean him up, but I don't know what to do. I'm home alone and DD is asleep (finally!) but there is no telling how late she will sleep. Do I just take him to the tub and wash him down? I have some California Baby super sensitve soap - would that be good? He has back claws and knows how to use them. I'm afraid if I attempt to wash him I will end up soaking wet in the emergency room needing stitches and if I don't wash him I will have poop on my couch. Oh, brother, why today! :) Anyone want a cat? He really isn't all that bad.... I promise!;)

Help?

JFC
11-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Ugh...I feel for you! What about using baby wipes? One of my cats is very free in using her back claws, and I can't imagine trying to bath her w/o full-body armor. Good luck!

mudder17
11-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Oh, man, I feel for you! I know he hates water, but honestly, that's going to be the fastest and most thorough way to clean it up. HOWEVER, if I were home alone and had to clean my cat up, I would probably go for some wet wipes (soaking) and try that first. The wetter the wipe, the better. I would also try wrapping as much of his body that is not covered with poop with a towel (swaddle him, basically).

HTH and you get him cleaned up soon!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

Jenn98
11-18-2005, 05:58 PM
This such a cr@ppy situation - pun intended! This cat is nothing but trouble. Let me put it this way, he takes Prozac. Yes, my vet wrote my cat a prescription for actual Prozac. He gets a quarter of a pill every other day. So, I renew my offer, anyone want a cat?

I think I'm going to call my MIL over to keep an ear out for the baby so I can lock myself in the shower with the cat. Feel free to pray for my survival!

kedss
11-18-2005, 06:09 PM
good luck!

lisams
11-18-2005, 06:11 PM
If it helps, I've BTDT! What I've done is wrap the cat up really tight in a thick towel and trim the fur off with scissors (our cat is long haired). If it's a short hair, then I would use wet wipes and try to just wipe off what you can, I'm guessing that once you get his fur damp he will be cleaning himself the rest of the night, so as long as you get "clumps" off he'll take care of the rest - gross I know! Good luck!

Momof3Labs
11-18-2005, 07:01 PM
We had this problem right before listing our house on the market. I locked him in one room (no carpet or upholstery) until DH and I could deal with it together. We wrapped him in a towel with only his butt sticking out and used a wet rag to wipe out as much as we could. He did a pretty good job of cleaning the rest. If you are doing it alone, tuck him between your upper arm and body while you wipe with the other hand. He'll fight, so be fast, but it will be over fast!

elliput
11-18-2005, 09:20 PM
I am glad you were able to get the kitty mess taken care of. I had almost the exact same thing happen just over a month ago with my big 26lb (yep, I finally weighed him) cat. Due to his weight, he is unable to clean himself, so he received the whole shampoo treatment. And once I was done with him, I still had to do the carpet. x( It is quite a job, I feel for you!

brittone2
11-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Sorry you had to go through this. I'll share a gross story...my cat once ate the decorative curling ribbon off of some gifts (my baby shower gifts for DS actually) and...it came out the other side of him. Stuck with 2 feet hanging out, covered in poop...I kid you not. Gross gross gross. DH took care of that but man, they do get into some doozies ;)

FWIW I have a dog on Prozac...I feel your pain ;)

Things this weekend can only get better now at least :) You've been through the crappiest part of the weekend for sure ;)

lizajane
11-18-2005, 10:37 PM
just to emphathize...

my dog had diarrhea ALL OVER my son's carpeted room. i mean ALL OVER. he walks when he poops. it was NASSSSSSTY. we literally went to home depot and ordered new carpet that day. (we needed it anyway.) i spent at least an hour trying to clean it up with our carpet cleaner. just thinking of the smell makes me gag. i can't WAIT for the new carpet to get here!!! (even though the oxyclean did a pretty good job- and then i soaked it in lysol, of course.) and did i mention that i didn't realize it was on the dog's bed and i STEPPED in it? with BARE FEET? and then the dog got so freaked, he JUMPED UP ON DS'S BED! poopy paw prints all over...