PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to make little soap bars (for party favors)?

cdlamis
11-22-2005, 11:27 PM
I want to make soap for party favors for Bella's birthday- the little see-through (glycerin?) soaps with a trinket inside. How hard is this???? Am I nuts?

Thanks~
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

SeekerMage
11-22-2005, 11:31 PM
not hard at all! The glycerin soap melts really easy in the microwave! I made some a few years ago and just melted it in my measure cup and poured it in the little trays. I would think that if you just sit the little toy on the bottom and poured the soap around it you would have no problem. Perhaps poking it down as it melts, but I dont really even see that happening. It should be a peice of cake! If anything when you buythe supplies flip through one of the soap making books for other tips. sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck

mamamayi
11-23-2005, 12:57 AM
The best way to get the trinkets into the soap is to pour a thin layer first, let it harden, then put the trinket on and finish pouring the rest. I think this is a great idea! Hope you have fun doing it!

HannaAddict
11-23-2005, 01:34 AM
It isn't too hard at all. I am not "crafty" but have gone through a few Martha phases. One Christmas it was soap. If I can do it, you can do it. :) I used those Michael's 40% coupons to buy the soap making supplies.

Kimberly

new_mommy25
11-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Hijacking....what materials do you need to buy to make these soap bars? This sounds like a good Christmas gift.

cdlamis
11-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Here is a link I found explaining how to make it:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_personal_care_bath_body/article/0,1801,HGTV_3144_1395552,00.html

Now that I know it's really not too hard, I am so excited to try it.

Thanks everyone!!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

saschalicks
11-23-2005, 01:18 PM
A couple of years ago I made soaps for Holiday gifts and it was SO easy. Everything you need is at Michael's. The hard part is really just patience for the cooling. It takes long b/c you are repetitively doing the same thing, but is so easy otherwise.