PDA

View Full Version : totally OT: what do wedding photos run ?

Lynnie
11-23-2005, 01:32 AM
I know wrong book... but its tangentially related to babies, because I did marry my husband, with whom I then had two babies, hence the relevance to baby bargains.... anyway, I just got my album (yes 5 years later, I procrastinated a bit. wanted to make sure the marriage stuck, ha ha) and had to pay a bit extra for all the extra prints, so, before I head on over to the bridal bargains book, just wondering if anyone here knows what packages run these days, to hopefully make myself feel better about what I had to shell out. The book is 48 pages, glove leather, cut out on cover, 138 photos, all sizes, with black and white, and color. I guess with the holidays, and with me never having enough money to have a cushion after everything comes out of my paycheck I am really stressing the extra money. and there was a misunderstanding - supposed to use the good proofs for a lot of them, but did not, and I never would have picked as many had I known they would all have to be printed. at least if it was a good deal, I might not feel that bad. right ?? maybe ? I can't sleep over this, which is ridiculous, but there it is.

bostonsmama
11-23-2005, 08:39 AM
I think it largely depends on the photographer (experience, relationship to you, designer awards, region/location). I've seen everything from $300 for photography plus proofs to $700 w/ a couple 4x7s & enlargements to $1800 for a 12-page (24-side) leather album, five 5x7 enlargements plus 3x5s of all the proofs-which is what I got, although I didn't have the copyrights to reproduce any of the proofs on my own-- and all the way up to the high thousands for designer photographers & reprints. I got 8 hours of coverage w/ 2 photographers, 4 cameras, posed and candids (b/w and color), the album, proofs and enlargements for friends. He never used any of the proofs for the album, and it didn't cost "extra."

HTH some.
Larissa
who's gettin in the holiday mood
**Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way. Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh, hey!**

"Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them." -James Baldwin

ribbit1019
11-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Well we paid 2K for an album and 20 prints plus proof book. But that was 5 years ago...I hear the same photgrapher is now charging 5K for what we got.

Christy
"My Mommy" to Maddy born 06/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
and soon to Little Man due 03/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals!!
http://s14.invisionfree.com/BBB_Preggo_Pals/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=0

almostamom
11-23-2005, 01:06 PM
YIKES!!! For $5000 I want someone much better looking than ME in the pictures!!

~Linda~
DS 11/9/04

crayonblue
11-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Ha! Ha! For 5K I better look like Julia Roberts or I'm sueing!

P.S. DH was in grad school and we were very poor and my mom had exactly $2,000 to pay for everything including dress, cake, reception food, pictures, flowers, etc, so our wedding photographer charged $50 and we bought enlargements of the ones we liked. If I could go back and have a bit more money, I would spend every extra penny on pictures and an album. So, Lynnie, please don't feel badly for spending money on pictures. They are your memories!

smilequeen
11-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Well, we paid somewhere between 4-5K for our package 3 years ago :) I'm hoping that makes you feel better as I'm starting to feel a little bad now ;)

kijip
11-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Our wedding photographer is a local artist and friend so we paid nothing but costs (I do her taxes every year- it is an ongoing trade). HOWEVER I know the she and others like her command in the 1000s. So don't fret----you will cherish the pics forever!

Lynnie
11-23-2005, 02:15 PM
now that its not midnight, and I am not trying to sleep, and running my budget through my head, I am a bit less stressed - THANKS though !! Photos were the one thing I was willing to splurge on, I just didn't realize quite how much I would be splurging by expanding the package from 20 to 48 pages ! The book is beautiful, though, and I do love it. And now DH can't give me any more grief - rightfully so, in his defense - for not having the album done !! It'll be handed to him on our fifth wedding anniversary in a couple weeks. One less thing to be nagged about is worth just about anything :P

lizajane
11-23-2005, 03:44 PM
we didn't get a book and i STILL haven't made prints. we had to buy the negatives and we couldn't have them until a year later. and my mom and dad went nuts when i asked them to order some prints for me, so i just didn't order any. BUT we did pay over 1K for the photographer. LOVE her work. very pleased with it, i must say.

of course, when i shot my friends' wedding, i did it for free. saved me $50 on buying them a gift! ;)