PDA

View Full Version : OT: ISO Good everyday sandwich bread, what do you buy?

sbirmantaz
11-23-2005, 02:14 PM
We are not whole wheat fans here though. Anything else is fine, potato, oatmeal, etc. I am trying to avoid trans fat as well. I used to buy Country Kitchen Light bread, but now with the kids eating sandwiches I don't want to buy light anymore.
Sharon
dd #1 09/24/02
dd #2 11/19/03

DebbieJ
11-23-2005, 03:14 PM
We are fans of the Brownberry/Orowheat 7-grain bread. DS loves it.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

kedss
11-23-2005, 03:16 PM
I like the Martin's Potato Bread, they also make hotdog/hamburger buns.

icunurse
11-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Brownberry Ota Bran - heart healthy, but doesn't taste too healthy IYKWIM. :)
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!

psophia17
11-23-2005, 03:45 PM
I haven't seen it in Canada, but back in NY I used to buy something really delicious called Hearty Nut Bread. It may have been Freihoffers, but I can't remember. It had all sorts of stuff in it, and I would eat it plain sometimes in college, when the dining hall was closed and I was starving.

bcky2
11-23-2005, 05:25 PM
we just tried the sara lee "white" whole wheat. it is supposed to look and taste like white while being a whole wheat bread. the crust is kinda strange but the bread is great. everyone in our house will eat it without complaint :)

pritchettzoo
11-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Another vote for the Whole Grain White by Sara Lee. Costco has it 2 loaves for $2.99 and it lasts a while. Probably has a ton of preservatives, but oh well. ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

kijip
11-23-2005, 08:30 PM
We like the Oroweat Harvest Select lines...perfect size, lasts a long time and often on sale for $1-$2 per loaf. They might have a white bread in there somewhere.

jd11365
11-23-2005, 08:37 PM
We like Butterbread for a "white" type bread, but prefer Arnold multi-grain to anything...yum!

m448
11-23-2005, 08:41 PM
I really like the Baker's Inn honey white but have also slipped the Sara Lee whole grain white into hubby's all white diet. I have to admit it makes a darn good PB&J with the whole foods kiddie peanut butter and some good strawberry jam.

bostonsmama
11-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Us, too, Jamie! For white bread we buy Nature's Own Butterbread (in the yellow & clear wrap). It's so chewy and moist, but firm enough to hold mayo and not rip when you spread peanut butter. It also happens to make the best french toast, the best bread for fresh sliced tomato sandwiches, and the best bread for grilled cheese!

Larissa

***Holidays and Pumpkin Pie, Oh My!***

"Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imita

JBaxter
11-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Usually I buy whole wheat but yesterday I bought whole wheat potato bread I had never seen it before I'll have to let you know how it is on turkey sandwiches

christic
11-23-2005, 10:01 PM
For kid-friendly sandwiches I like Pepperidge Farm sandwich bread because it's sliced so thin. This is also my favorite grilled cheese bread because the cheese to bread ratio is so high :). I also like Whole Foods brand white bread. The WF definitely does not have trans fat. I think the PF used to but doesn't anymore--not certain of that though.

Chris