PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a TNT Rum cake type of recipe?

brittone2
11-23-2005, 03:26 PM
I had an incredible rum cake at my SIL's house last year...it was divine :) Her dad makes it but it is this like top-secret recipe...her dad is quite eccentric but that's another story...so SIL doesn't even have the recipe.

I thought I'd ask here. I'm sure I could dig one up on the net but if anyone a has TNT one that would be fabulous. I'm getting hungry thinking about it ;)

pritchettzoo
11-23-2005, 06:12 PM
I PMed you my top-secret recipe (stolen from a friend!). ;)

ETA: I have no idea what TNT is. So I may not have sent you what you're wanting.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

urquie
11-23-2005, 10:50 PM
here is a very easy tried and true recipe! my best friend's mom has been making it for at least 25+ years and probably longer. it is very easy and very good! i have used regular rum in this recipe and it works just fine, but i bought the good dark stuff to try next time.

Crum family Rum Cake

Grease and flour a 10" tube or 12 cup bundt pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Sprinkle over bottom of pan:
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or other nut)

Mix then pour over nuts:
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup dark rum
- 1 regular yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant pudding (vanilla)

Bake 1 hour. Cool. Invert on serving plate and prick top of cake so it will absorb the glaze. (i poke it all over with a toothpick)

Glaze
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup dark rum

Melt butter in sauce pan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and slowly add rum. Drizzle and smooth glaze evenly over top and sides. Allow cake to absorb glaze and repeat