PDA

View Full Version : DS Behavior (cross post)

chiqanita
11-23-2005, 11:03 PM
HELP! I posted this thread in the TODDLER Lounge but not too many visitors there. I'm posting here also...sorry for the repeat but I can use all the help I can get.

My DS is doing the following during the day and it concerns me:

-head banging everything incl. his DB...hit him hard enough today to make him bump his head against the wall, he cried :(

-screaming all the time for everything and anything (more food, more milk, wants a toy, wants out of his bed...etc) ;(

-shaking his head back and forth (started yesterday in high chair) :p

-screaming in the middle of the night every hour or so (has been going on for a while now) :o

-hitting his DB unprovoked (out of no where...smack right in the kisser!) }(

-jamming his finger all the way up his nose all of the time :o

Is this going on elsewhere in the world or just in my home?

Momof3Labs
11-24-2005, 11:14 AM
How old is he? Is he cutting molars? Those can be pretty painful, and he may not know how to deal with the pain. Try giving him some Motrin or Tylenol, and see if he relaxes a little. Or even an ear infection - those can be hard to diagnose without seeing a doctor.

JBaxter
11-24-2005, 11:31 AM
I was going to say teething or maybe a sinus headache? Try pain reliever and a humidifier.

s7714
11-24-2005, 04:05 PM
I was thinking teeth too. My DD started acting up much more when her molars were cutting in. Partly because of the pain and partly because she wasn't sleeping as well which always turns her into a little drama queen.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

dr mom
11-24-2005, 04:57 PM
FWIW, you are not alone - I have a 21-month-old DS who is ordinarily a very loving and gentle child, but these past few weeks I fele like we are living with a little changeling. He hits and pinches the dog/me/my DH, bangs his head on the floor then rubs it and cries, and is waking every hour or so at night crying and wanting to be nursed back to sleep. We recently moved, so have had some upheaval in his routine, plus he's been sick recently, and I suspect the molars may be cutting their way through. All that's keeping me sane is the hope that this phase will pass quickly, and I'll get my sweet-tempered, snuggly little guy back.