PDA

View Full Version : Cosleepers: how do you keep everyone warm?

luzagirl
11-25-2005, 03:04 PM
DH likes light blankets, I like heavy ones, and DD thrashes and wakes up if her feet get tangled or weighed down. How do I keep us all warm in a cold house? We don't have her in bed with us all night--she starts off in her crib with heavy jammies and a light blanket--but I usually nurse her in bed for her dawn feed to try to sqeeze in a bit more sleep. That worked well until the weather got cold and we started using blankets. Now I end up freezing because I worry about her getting caught up in blankets when she is falls asleep nursing, or I try to cover her and end up with her feet in my face from all her tossing and turning. What's the BTDT solution?

Mom to Lina, 8-04

bcky2
11-25-2005, 03:11 PM
we all have our own seperate blanket that we like to use. that way we all can control our own warmth factor :)

jesseandgrace
11-25-2005, 05:52 PM
I have to use seperate blankets too, if dd gets any blanket on her she kicks and kicks. Right now I have a king blanket on my bed, but I also have three other twin blankets on it.

I haven't turned the heat on yet this year, so it can be a little cool at night but not too bad as we are in California. But, when we were in Boston I put ds and dd in fleece pajamas with feet, and a little t-shirt underneath. The t-shirt really helped keep the warmth in.

luzagirl
11-26-2005, 05:35 AM
I tried separate blankets last night and it seemed to help. I think twin size blankets will be the way to go--we have a queen size bed and there is little enough room even without the bulk of two large blankets!
Mom to Lina, 8-04