PDA

View Full Version : advice for buying a digital video camera? What do you have & do you love it?

KarenNYC
11-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey all,

my in-laws offered to get us a digital video camera as a baby/holiday gift and I know nothing about them and was hoping you guys might have some advice or at least a digital video camera that you love. If anyone has some advice on what type to get and why you love the one you own I'd love to hear about it!

I am not sure if I should get Mini-DV or MicroMV or Mini-DVDr. Any good editing software I should know about that you guys find easy to use??? I know a lot about digital still cameras but it isn't helping me in this quest as my father-in-law is itching to go buy the camera and I have no clue what I want or need in a camcorder!!!

HELP!!!!

aramatp2
11-26-2005, 08:35 PM
We have a Sony mini-dvd camcorder and I HATE it! My beef is that you CANNOT put the date/time on the picture. You can edit it after the fact, but unlike old camcorders you can't just click a button and put on the date/time when you start recording then take it away. So my only advice is look closely in to this feature...or if this is not important to you, I'll sell you mine! :)

Good Luck!
Tamara
Samantha 10/31/04