PDA

View Full Version : Where do you order Photo Calendars?

CBB
11-28-2005, 01:56 PM
Which site has the best quality and price?

TIA!

kelly ann
11-28-2005, 02:21 PM
I am doing Shutterfly because they have a huge selection of borders. However, I almost did Kodak since you can insert more than one photo for a month (multiple photo layouts).

As for quality, I was happy with the quality of Shutterfly last year. Have fun making your calendar :)

cvharris
11-28-2005, 05:10 PM
I've always done Ofoto, which is now KodakGallery. If you can do it today, they have a 25% coupon that expires today that you can use for calendars - HOLIDAYBLOWOUT. They are regularly $19.99 ea or $13.99 ea if you order 25 or more, so with the discount they are about $15.

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)
It's a BOY! Baby brother due 12/18/05

mudder17
11-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Since we need around 30 of these things, price is definitely a factor! We got ours from lulu.com, who publishes more than just calendars. We did them last year and were very happy with them. These were our (only) gifts to everyone and I've been getting lots of comments this year about whether I'm going to do them again. :)

It's $11.80 per calendar for a 12 month calendar + cover picture with discounts after 25 calendars. It's not super fancy in terms of borders and such (you design your own pictures), but it's good quality. I just ordered my proof, which should be here tomorrow.

ETA: if you're at all handy with photoshop, you can create pictures of multiple photos for each month, if that makes any sense. Maybe I'll tackle that next year! :)

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

caheinz
11-29-2005, 12:22 AM
If you're a Costco member, they partner with Snapfish and have calendars for only $9.99! (The Snapfish regular price is $18.99!)

Haven't tried them yet, but plan to this year. (We only need 2, so no volume discounts for us!)

It might be available to non-members, but I'm not sure. (Might also cost a bit more.)

ETA: YOu don't need a store nearby for this. It's all on their web site, and the calendars are shipped, not picked up at the store.

kaileysmom
12-01-2005, 12:24 PM
I am debating on using Costco or Shutterfly. Shutterfly is more expensive but they do have tons of borders. Costco doesn't offer any. I don't own Photoshop so I've been trying to add borders and captions with Microsoft Picture It. It's taking longer than I thought so I don't know if saving the extra money is really saving if it's taking me so long to work on it. What to do, What to do.

HHCs Mom
12-01-2005, 12:36 PM
I used Kodak Gallery/Ofoto rather than Snapfish because you can put more than one picture on the page. Also, you can have cool backgrounds on the calendar rather than just white pages. I haven't received them yet --- my tracking information says they're due to arrive today so I am excited to see them! I used the code someone posted above and they were $15 each.
Kim
~ mama to a sweet boy named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

deborah_r
12-01-2005, 12:48 PM
I loved my Shutterfly calendars last year, but now I am considering that Snapfish/Costco deal, because of the price.

kaileysmom
12-01-2005, 06:37 PM
I just saw that Shutterfly has $15.99 calendars and free shipping over $50. I think I'm doing these this year.