PDA

View Full Version : Help - I Need Teacher Gift Ideas

mattiew
11-28-2005, 05:16 PM
DD is in a Parents' Day Out program and for some reason this year I'm having trouble coming up with gift ideas. Any suggestions? What is everyone else giving?

Thanks!
Carrie

DebbieJ
11-28-2005, 06:01 PM
My sister the former preschool teacher says that gift cards are the best gift.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

ctmom
11-29-2005, 03:29 AM
for dd#2, who is in a twice a month drop off, I'm making a tin of various baked goods, for dd#1, who is in a three day a week pre-school, I'm attaching a gift certificate to a local restaurant to the tin...

HTH!

spanannie
11-29-2005, 10:38 AM
I made gift baskets with Philosophy Cinnamon buns bubble bath and a Cinnamon Buns scented soy candle that I had made locally. I put them in nice baskets with some fancy holly and glittery apples from Michaels, along with some gold filler, and shrink wrapped them and topped them with a bow. With Michael's sales, it's easy to dress up a simple gift and make it look like so much more!

mainepotato
11-29-2005, 01:24 PM
edited.. Nevermind, I see this has just been discussed! Here's the link for anyone else who might be wondering:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=270925&mode=full

CiderLogan
11-29-2005, 01:51 PM
I was going to do Starbucks gift cards for my DD's two-mornings-a-week preschool teachers, but now another mom and I decided a bigger gift from all the families that want to participate might be more appreciated. So I hope we can get that organized - we figured the teachers might like that better. Now to figure out what they might want...

Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another one due 5/29/06!

kristine_elen
11-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Parents all chipping in to give each a gift card.

kristine_elen
11-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Parents all chipping in to give each teacher a gift card.

overcome
11-29-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm a first grade teacher and I say GIFT CARDS! Doesn't have to be a lot..$10 is great! Or something consumable. I have lots of 'stuff', while much appreciated is never used. Notecards, sticky notes, note pads, a nicer pen is all stuff teachers can use!

Also considered writing a personal heartfelt message inside a thank you card. That is priceless and really stays with a teacher.

It's nice to know you care about your child's teacher enough to start this thread.

Ashley

mommyj_2
11-29-2005, 05:05 PM
American Express has gift cards and gift checks that can be used anywhere. I'm going to give these to my DS' teachers. I'm also thinking of making a basket with some baked goods, and maybe some tea or something. It's a group gift from all the parents. I'll probably see what gift baskets Costco has, buy one, and then split the teas (or hot chocolates or other drinks) between the 3 teachers, and add some baked goods. That would be a cheap way to have a really nice present.

Eloise36
11-30-2005, 06:04 AM
I second the recommendation of gift cards or something consumable. This year, I am giving each teacher a Christmas themed box of chocolates from a local chocolatier.