PDA

View Full Version : Starting over on holiday cards....

KBecks
11-29-2005, 02:54 PM
My order from Kodak/Ofoto came and the colors were awful! Alek's skin and hair had a green undertone and the background was blotchy.

I am fortunately returning them for a full refund.

But, now to start over. I need a competent holiday card company. Was thinking of going with JCPenney since we had nice studio portraits done there for Alek's 1st birthday, but the card styles are really basic. Can anyone speak for the quality?

I'm also worrying now that I might run into color issues with other card companies (I did a test photo at Walgreens and the original image seems to be fine.)

Maybe I'll try photoworks -- Katie, did you get your cards from them yet, and were you happy?

Any suggestions appreciated!

tiapam
11-29-2005, 04:29 PM
We used Snapfish for holiday cards last year, and were very pleased, but we just got the cheap ones on photo paper. Are you talking about cardstock?

I have used Photoworks in the past for photos and some valentine cards (those were on cardstock) and I was very happy with them, too.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

mudder17
11-29-2005, 04:37 PM
What about creating one in photoshop and then just printing them at Sam's or Costco? That's what we're planning on doing. No, it doesn't come with envelopes (I don't think), but I think sometimes keeping it simple may be the way to go. :) Plus, we're running short on time and I still haven't quite figured out the card and the turn-around for printing at Costco or Sam's is really short and I can just pick up from them.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

kelly ann
11-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Ugh...that sucks! I just submitted a partial order to Kodak this afternoon :( Hope ours comes back okay. Actually I have been trying to put another order in this afternoon and the site keep crashing or the cropping feature is screwy.

I would not recommend Kodak now!

I used Shutterfly last year and was quite happy with them. However, DH read an article recently that Snapfish got rated highly for quality of prints.

caheinz
11-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Costco gives you lovely, lined envelopes, if you actually print cards (as opposed to 5X7's or such to use as cards...)

audball
11-29-2005, 07:50 PM
coming out of lurkdom...

I was really concerned about getting cards made because my DD is very camera shy. We ended up sending digital photos we already knew were ok to www.mangoink.com . They are offering a 50% discount on holiday cards through the end of this month. The appeal to me was I could use some cute individual pics of the kids and still make a cohesive looking card. For modifications (if you want to add picture windows, change a birthday background into a holiday card, etc.), they charge an additional $10/order.

They may be worth checking out if you are really in a crunch. The processed my order in 3 days! :)

mlewis
11-30-2005, 09:52 AM
I highly recommend www.winkflash.com. Their photos are great and I just ordered a test print of my Christmas card and it came out great. Fast shipping and a flat rate of .99 shipping for photos and 1.99 for cards. Their cards are .29, which is a great price.