PDA

View Full Version : Nathaniel's pic!

knaidel
11-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Okay, we went to picture people this morning and had some pictures done. I work freelance in the publishing industry, so need to send cards to some of my colleagues/clients. I thought these two came out the best.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BbM2zVu3cOKg

I think I am going to use the first picture (where he is looking up).
I was thinking of this message:
"Wishing you a new year filled with health, happiness, and lots of good reads! With best wishes, from Rachel and the office staff."
I was thinking of using this card:

http://www.shutterfly.com/photocards/create.jsp?cidx=1&styleidx=28

Edited: click on attachments below to see pics!

kedss
11-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Handsome fella, Rachel, what a great picture. :)

aliceinwonderland
11-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Cute cute boy! I think this is the first pic of Nathaniel I have seen. I'd also use the first one and love the saying too. Can't view the card.

thanks for sharing.

tiapam
11-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Rachel-

I think the first one is great and your message is very creative. He is very cute - and much more grown up than the last time I saw him!

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

lmintzer
11-29-2005, 08:14 PM
I can't see the picture--is the link not working or is it just me? I'd love to see them!

knaidel
11-29-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm going to fix the link. Meanwhile, does anyone have any idea how I can reduce the size of the pic? It's currently in the free version of photoshop and it's too big to post. It would make this easier if I could just post them here!

no, that attachment at the bottom doesn't work, either :(

hez
11-29-2005, 09:31 PM
I love the pictures-- those are two of Payton's favorite books :)

kelly ann
11-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Cute pictures Rachel - such a studious little boy :) A few questions for you...

How did you get the pictures from Picture People into Shutterfly? Did you scan the photos in? If so, can you still get a good quality print from Shutterfly through scanning?

knaidel
11-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Okay, well, I just scanned them into my computer and uploaded them to shutterfly.
Last time I did it,in September, it worked better. See, if you see on the picture, there is a line. That line is from the picture on the scanner bed. Does that make sense? I have to figure out how to get rid of the line. I don't remember how I did it last time. I think it works better with the bigger prints (8 X 10 or 10X13).
But yes, we scan them in, and print them out. It's obviously not the same quality as ordering directly from picture people, but it's pretty good.