PDA

View Full Version : Nice briefcase?

smilequeen
11-29-2005, 09:52 PM
This is what my husband wants for Christmas.

I'm looking for something leather, black, and sophisticated/classic looking. Big enough to hold a laptop and all his papers when he travels. Something high quality. Not too concerned about the price (I owe him something great :))

Any good brands/places to look? I haven't had much luck so far.

kelly ann
11-29-2005, 10:44 PM
I love Coach briefcases, but DH prefers Tumi. Maybe you can try an outlet store for at least a small discount on Coach bags.

Sometimes there is a co-op/discount for the BBB through Ellington leather.

Marisa6826
11-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Coach or T.Anthony (a little spendy). Ghurka also has nice ones, but are more soft sided.

Levenger also has great stuff!

-m

heather_c
11-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Karen,

My DH loves his Tumi bag. He has had it for four years, and it still looks great.

Heather

Matthew - 9/7/05

http://b1.lilypie.com/3UZGm6/.png

zuzu
11-30-2005, 09:28 AM
We were recently at a Tumi outlet and they had some great men's briefcases. I was almost begging DH to get one, but he still likes his now-tattered looking Coach one my mom bought him when we graduated from law school.

ETA - Cole Haan also has some nice ones, if you really want to treat him.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

Marisa6826
11-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Melissa-

You can take the briefcase to a Coach store and they will send it off to be refurbished. I did it with one of my bags and it cost me about $20. They even redid the stitching on the handle.

Totally worth it!

-m

zuzu
11-30-2005, 09:39 AM
Thanks, M. We're big fans of the Coach refurbishing, and loved it even more before they started charging the $20. :) (I recently learned that Hartmann offers refurbishing too, which is good news for us because DH drove over our suitcase last year.) The strap, binding, etc. still look good, but the leather itself is so faded, worn and scratched there's nothing they can do. His old one is still functional, it just looks worn. Really, I just wanted DH to have a black briefcase. I love bags!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

cchavez
11-30-2005, 11:31 AM
DH is a big Tumi fan.

wencit
11-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Yet another vote for Tumi. My dad had one and loved it so much he would have slept with it if my mom let him.