PDA

View Full Version : Apnea monitor is gone. Will I ever sleep well again?!?

boogiemom
12-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Well, our Dr. had the home care company come and remove DS2 apnea monitor yesterday. He was only using it when he slept but it really gave us peace of mind. He hasn't had an incidence in atleast 8 weeks so they felt it was time. We bought the Angelcare Movement Monitor from BRU and we used it last night. Unfortunately, it has it's own issues with false alarms. DS got himself way up in the corner of the mattress and it couldn't sense him anymore, I guess. So, between the false alarms and me feeling the need to check him frequently I got very little sleep last night. I hope I get used to him not having the "real" monitor soon. It was kind of a pain but atleast I always knew if something happened I would know about it. That thing could wake the whole house in a hurry! :)

Anyway, please send good breathing vibes our way!

new_mommy25
12-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Hugs to you and your family.

tarabenet
12-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Ugh! Absolutely: good breathing vibes and good nights' sleep vibes, too, all heading your way. I hope everyone adjusts quickly and all is back to normal in you house very soon.

alexsmommy
12-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Good breathing vibes. DS didn't come home on a monitor (32 weeker) but we also had the Angelcare b/c I was paranoid. By the time he actually slept in his own bed for any significant length of time he also could schooch up into the corner off of it, giving me a heart attack. I also work with mom's of preemies and other children with NICU stays - most say it takes a good week or two to stop sleep soundly and stop waking up in a panic once the monitors are gone. I'm also sending good Mommy sleeping vibes as well.
Alaina
Alex 2-4-03

boogiemom
12-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks to everyone who replied. I did sleep better last night. I only woke up a few times to race down the hall like a crazy woman. :) But, he never scooted too far off the sensor so we had no false alarms!!!!1 Maybe the first night he was just all over exploring his new-found freedom. I had one of those crib positioners under him before we took the apnea monitor off so he didn't get tangled in the wires.

So, anyway hopefully we'll both grow more comfortable with this change.

Thanks, again!