PDA

View Full Version : We were watching 'Jack's Big Music Show' on Nick, Jr. today

kep
12-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Who is that totally cool band that plays on there? It is a three person band, featuring a woman with shoulder length brown curly hair as the lead singer. They were singing:

"I'm going to catch you
You better run
I'm going to catch you
Here I come"

We've never seen the show before, but ds and I both loved it. Is it a real band?

Kelli
Mommy to my beautiful little boy, Luke (April 2003)

"The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world."
- W.S. Ross

DebbieJ
12-02-2005, 03:03 PM
That's Laurie Berkner.

Hope I spelled her name right.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

TraciG
12-02-2005, 03:05 PM
yep was just going to answer but someone beat me to it ! We have her Buzz Buss CD VERY good !

TraciG
12-02-2005, 03:05 PM
yep was just going to answer but someone beat me to it ! We have her Buzz Buzz CD VERY good !

barbarhow
12-02-2005, 06:21 PM
JBMS is my Jack's favorite show. When Laurie comes on he screams "Mama she's singing!" We love her CD-Buzz Buzz.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

DebbieJ
12-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Glad you all like the show. It keeps my DH employed. :)

Just wanted to let you know that the 13 or so episodes that are airing now are all you will see for the next year! They are scheduled to shoot 22 more, but the schedule got pushed back because Mary is pregnant. :) They're going to start shooting in May and the new episodes will not be out until Fall 2006.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

alexsmommy
12-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Laurie and co have kept me sane on 13 hour car rides - way better than listening to the We Sing type CD's. We like everything we have by her.
Alaina
Alex 2-4-03

kep
12-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Wow, that's so cool that you guys know her! She seems really fun on the show. I love shows that are just a little bit different. I've already put her stuff on our Christmas list. Can you say what your dh does with the show? :)

Kelli
Mommy to my beautiful little boy, Luke (April 2003)

"The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world."
- W.S. Ross

SummerBaby
12-02-2005, 11:35 PM
My DD loves it too! Actually, to be honest with you, I think DH and I love the show even more than DD. DH comes running when he hears the Schwartzman Quartet hum. :) I'm sad to hear there won't be any new episodes for a while. I really think it's one of the best kids' shows on tv.

Val
Mom to Madeline
7/28/04

ca mom to 2
12-03-2005, 12:21 AM
We love Jack's Big Music Show and Laurie too! Can someone please tell me if the person that does Jack's voice is the same one that does Baby Bear on Sesame Street? They really sound similar to me, and my husband doesn't hear it. Am I nuts?

Thanks!

Cathy

Carly 4.5 years
Nick 16 months

DebbieJ
12-03-2005, 12:38 AM
My husband designs and edits the sound effects.

The voice of Jack is actually--GET THIS--the voice of Cookie Monster!! Can you believe it?!? I don't know if he also does Baby Bear.

The Schartzman Quartet--you know that is actually not a real quartet? It's just four guys they pulled together! Don't they sound amazing?!?

Since we saw all the episodes long before they aired, my ds is past his Jack stage and now asks for Dora and Blue's Clues incessantly. I'll take Jack any day!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

ctmom
12-03-2005, 07:06 AM
That's funny that it is the same voice of Cookie Monster. Does he also do Groover? DH and I both knew he was someone from Sesame Street, but we thought Grover?

DebbieJ
12-03-2005, 10:31 AM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0748843/

Nope, not Grover, but he is Baby Bear!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

ca mom to 2
12-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Thank you! So good to know I'm not hearing things. I would have NEVER guessed Cookie Monster though, and he is a favorite around here.

Thanks for checking!

Cathy

Carly 4.5 years
Nick 16 months

mmaimp
12-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Do you know if Noggin is going to release a CD of the music?

My older DS loves the Dirty Sock Fun Time Band but they don't have the music they recorded for JBMS on CD.

Thanks,

emilyf
12-03-2005, 04:21 PM
We like the show too-I thought I'd put in a plug for Milkshake-they do Bottle of Sunshine on the show (the singer wears a tutu) Their latest CD (bottle of sunshine) is fantastic-they are a local band for us and we have seen them around town at various events-so fun! You can get the cd on amazon, it is one of ds's favorites.
Emily mom of Charlie born 11/02 and Zoe born 9/05