PDA

View Full Version : Autographs? What does "ASM" mean?

boogiemom
12-03-2005, 10:42 AM
I am looking for an autographed piece of sports memorabilia for my husband for Christmas. Something I'm looking at says it comes with a certificate of authenticity from ASM. Does anyone know what that means exactly? I have never looked at anything like this before so I am TOTALLY clueless and don't want to get "taken".

Thanks!

Pennylane
12-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Does this help any??

They feature an attractive picture of the player and an autograph either on the picture (SOP) or on an album page which is separately mounted next to the picture (ASM).

I saw this on a website when I was looking for my husband and had the same question.

heidiann
12-03-2005, 12:39 PM
I don't know what specifically the ASM stands for but I believe that that is where the letter of authenticity actually comes from, the certificate has to come from somewhere to prove that the signature or actually sports piece actually came from the specific player that it says it is, am I just confusing you more b/c I read this over and over and it doesn't seem to make much sense but i can't put it any other way LOL.....
We have so much "STUFF" in this house of sports memorabilia and autographs I think we have every autographed jerserys of the '79 pittsburgh steelers LOL....
HTH

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

boogiemom
12-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the responses. I guess my hope is that as long as I have some certificate of authenticity I'm okay.

If anyone else has any ideas I'd love to hear them, too.

sidmand
12-03-2005, 02:14 PM
I just asked DH (a big sports memorabilia nut) and he's guessing that ASM may be the entity that hosted the autograph signing and so authenticates the autograph. Again, just a guess, though...

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

heidiann
12-03-2005, 09:00 PM
yes thats what i was trying to say. anyways as long as you have a certificate then whatever you buy is fine, and truely from that player.

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05