PDA

View Full Version : pink cookies?

jillc
12-03-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm going to a cookie exchange on Friday & am trying to decide what kind of cookies I want to bring.

For some reason I keep thinking about some kind of pink cookies that a friend of my mom's used to make. And now it's in my head that I should make pink cookies.

Anyone have a good recipe for pink cookies? Not pink frosted cookies, but cookies that are pink?

Or any other irresistable cookie recipes that I must try?? In the mood for something new and fun. :)

Thanks,
Jill

octmom
12-03-2005, 08:06 PM
How about making spritz cookies (with a cookie gun) and using a little food coloring? We used to make red (looked pink) and green cookies like this when I was little.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March
Just found out-- IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

kimbe
12-03-2005, 09:32 PM
I made pink ribbon cookies for a breast cancer bake sale. I just made my regular sugar cookie recipe and added red food coloring. However, I found that if I got the perfect color in the unbaked dough, it always came out much lighter after they were baked. So go darker than you think in the unbaked dough or do a couple trials!

HTH!

June Mommy
12-04-2005, 12:23 AM
The newest Martha Stewart Kids magazine has a recipe for sugar cookies tinted pink and green and cut to look like buttons. They are absolutely adorable!

bnme
12-04-2005, 06:55 AM
I dont have a recipe on hand, but how about a peppermint type cookie died pink? I've made a yummy peppermint snowball cookie (basically a drop sugar cookies with crushed candy cane pieces) that you could dye pink or dip into pink and red sugar before baking. Or a similar cookie that you roll the dough into ropes and twist to make candy cane shapes. I think I got my recipe from landolakes or betty crocker websites. I always search there for yummy and easy holiday cookies.

mskitty
12-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Pink cookies.... add red food coloring to Spritz(pressed butter cookies)... the other way I've seen it done is to add a couple of teaspoons of dry red jello to tint the dough pink.

Another fun one is to make candy cane cookies. Color half the dough red. Roll dough into little ropes. Twice together and curve onto cookie sheet to make a candy cane. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint while still warm from the oven. You can do the same thing and roll the two colored doughs together on top of each other, then cut slices of the logs which result in pinwheel cookies.

If you are making spritz cookies, we usually made them special for Christmas by placing half a candied red cherry in the center of wreath or flower looking cookies. Only made them that way for Christmas...

My childhood girl scout leader made a holiday cookie that was red(peppermint), green(pistachio) and brown (chocolate). The things I remember from our 4th grade holiday party :)

MsKitty

juliasmom05
12-07-2005, 08:36 PM
You've probably already decided what to bring to your cookie exchange but I just got around to looking at the new BHG Christmas Cookie magazine and saw these pinkish/red cookies and remembered this post. They look yummy and very pretty.

White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread

1/2 c maraschino cherries, drained and finely chopped
2 1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c sugar
1 c cold butter
12 oz white chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 tsp red food coloring
2 tsp shortening
white nonpareils and/or red edible glitter/optional

1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spread cherries on paper towel to drain well.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Use pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in drained cherries and 4 oz (2/3 c) of the chopped chocolate. Stir in almond extract and food coloring. Knead mixture until it forms a smooth ball.
3. Shape the dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place the balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Using the bottom of a drinking glass dipped in sugar, flatten balls to 1 1/2 inch rounds.
4 Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until centers are set. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
5. In a small sauce pan, combine remaining white chocolate and the shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off cookie. If desired, roll dipped edge in nonpareils or edible glitter. Place cookies on waxed paper until chocolate is set. Makes about 60.