PDA

View Full Version : rosacea- skin care products?

jhaud
12-03-2005, 08:55 PM
i have had rosacea for several years, but recently it has gotten worse. i am not using my topical ointment as it is not to be used when pregnant or breastfeeding and after we finished bf, i started trying to get pg. so... my clinique moisturizer needs to be replaced, but i'm thinking of trying something else. i do use the 3 step (mild soap, mild cleanser, and moisturizer). does anyone use another brand that has helped them with their rosacea... any home remedies? i know to go with sensitive, but have no idea of what brands are better? thanks for any suggestions!

jennifer

randomkid
12-03-2005, 09:16 PM
I have rosacea, but I have to say that it is pretty mild. However, I was using MetroLotion as it was bad enough for a prescription. To be honest, I never really noticed an improvement using it.

Like you, I stopped when I was pg and bf. Quite by accident, I started using Dove Sensitive Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser and Day Lotion. I liked it so much that I also tried the Day Cream. I have had better results with these than anything. I wash with the cleanser and use the cream in the morning and the lotion at night. My skin hasn't looked this good in a very long time. I still have redness, but less and no burning or dryness at all.

I have noticed that the Sensitive Essentials can be hard to find, but I think they have just changed it to Sensitive Skin. I have found it at Target and usually have better luck at Wal-Mart.

HTH,

cbm
12-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Jennifer,

have you ever tried Cethaphil? They have it regular and for sensitive skin. It is very mild and it may work for you.

Claudia
DS 12/18/04

Roleysmom
12-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Jennifer, I have rosacea and my skin has recently gotten worse so I've gone back to using Metrogel. For about six or seven years, though, I was managing it pretty effectively with Cetaphil gentle face cleanser and L'Occitane's shea butter daily moisturizer and hydrating facial mask. My biggest problem is with the acne that's associated with rosacea and while Metrogel works the best, I've had nearly similar results with Dermatologica medicated gel or the Mario Badescu drying lotion. These both need to be used as a spot treatment and can be irritating, but the L'Occitane will reduce the irritation. The Cetaphil is a great, and inexpensive, cleanser.

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia, January '02

fredsmom
12-05-2005, 02:57 PM
I too have struggled with it for years and here is my latest skin care regime that seems to be helping.

I clean my face with Neutrogena cleansing lotion for sensitive skin or Aveeno sensitive skin face wash with feverfew.

Then I mousturize with Eucerin Q10 for sensitive skin. I also treat any redness I have with Aquaphor at night or when I am not planning on going out during the day.

I have done light therapy at my dermatologists office in the past. It works great, but I have not had the opportunity to go back since the arrival of Fred.

I think the gentler you are to your skin the better. I used to use very expensive products, but I find these products I mentioned work just as well.

Good Luck,
Kathleen

stillplayswithbarbies
12-11-2005, 12:47 AM
I wash my face with Dove soap and use nothing else on it, but for the rosacea, I use a prescription called Finacea, which my dermatologist said is safe for breastfeeding and pregnanct.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif