PDA

View Full Version : Where did you buy your Canon Digital Rebel XT

turtledove
12-04-2005, 12:56 AM
After almost being scammed by an online retailer (trying to lure you in by impossibly low prices), I am looking for a reputable place to buy this camera. I would like to find as good a price as I can, but I don't want to worry about whether what I'm going to receive will be refurbished, or without a warranty. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!

DDowning
12-04-2005, 02:02 AM
If you have a membership, check out Costco. The price there is $899 which is pretty good considering most retail places are advertising $924 which is after a $75 mail-in rebate.

mainepotato
12-04-2005, 12:46 PM
I don't have that particular camera, but I've made big purchases at bhphoto.com and buydig.com. I had good experiences with both and would buy from either place again.

luvmypeanut
12-04-2005, 01:04 PM
I bought a Nikon and Canon through www.crutchfield.com and had a great experience. The Canon had a scratch on it, so I called and they sent another out right away after charging my card again, and once they get the original one back they'll refund it. They included a UPS shipping label so all I had to do was drop the old one off at a UPS store and within days my card was refunded. And with Ebates I got $7 back.

Mommy_Again
12-04-2005, 02:35 PM
We got ours at Sears. They'll match any locally advertised price.

kozachka
12-04-2005, 04:56 PM
If you decide to buy online, please be sure to check www.resellerratings.com At least you'll know what to expect. I did order my video camera from a web-site with less than stellar reputation so I was prepared for an upsell call that followed the day after the order was placed online. It took a few follow up calls on my part and an extra week-ten days for my camcorder to arrive but I was in no rush so did not mind the wait.

I also had a great experience buying electronics (not just PC stuff) from Dell. Not sure if they carry this particular camera but there are always coupons for exrta % off floating around. Check www.gottadeal.com for the latest.

BillK
12-04-2005, 07:42 PM
B & H Photo is about the most reputable, trustworthy online camera retailer you're going to find - plus while they may not always be the lowest in price - they're normally very close and the lil bit of extra $ is well worth the peace of mind.

turtledove
12-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks everyone! Now I'm off to do a little bit more research...

caridura
12-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I bought mine from Amazon.com about a month ago when they had a 5% off coupon code.

ralu
12-05-2005, 12:52 AM
I bought a lot of photographic equipment from adorama.com; not the cheapest, but they are very reliable.

Raluca

crayonblue
12-05-2005, 09:36 AM
I agree. I ordered a lens from B&H and then totally freaked out at the price. I called and told them I was having buyer's remorse! They immediately cancelled my order, no problems. I then ordered a less expensive lens and received it in record time.