PDA

View Full Version : baby's first xmas stocking

Hippoharbor
12-04-2005, 06:06 PM
I have been on a quest to find a xmas stocking for 9 month old DS. I found a cute one today that is powder blue and says "baby's first christmas 2005" on it. I want to get a stocking that he will be able to use year after year. Would any of you use this stocking for subsequent xmas' or should I just get a more generic one? I just thought it would be cute for him to use the same one his entire childhood and (hopefully) want to save it when he is a grown man.

ANy thoughts?

MIchelle

nd93
12-04-2005, 06:18 PM
I would just get a regular stocking, not a first Christmas one. When he is 12 he is not going to want something that says "baby" on it. I have mine that my grandma made for me, and I've made them for my kids and I hope they will continue to use them long after I'm gone!

amp
12-04-2005, 06:22 PM
We did not do a Baby's 1st Christmas for the express reason that we wanted one we could use year to year. I would keep, but not reuse the baby's 1st one. It would go in his keepsake box, had I done that.

cvharris
12-04-2005, 06:28 PM
I really like the personalized quilted Pottery Barn Kids stockings - DS has one (and DH and I have similar ones from PB). I was planning on getting one for this baby but they sold out too fast this year. I did get the PBK Baby's First Christmas version for our new baby just to have one for him but plan to use it this year only. I'm going to get a generic one with the baby's name next year when they sell them again.

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)
It's a BOY! Baby brother due 12/18/05

Hippoharbor
12-04-2005, 07:51 PM
I think I will go with a neutral/non-baby stocking.

almostamom
12-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Carolee,
If you live near a Pottery Barn Kids store, they often still have them in stock after the catalog sells out. They won't personalize them though. That's what I did last year and I took the stocking to an embroidery shop and had them put DS' name on it - just an idea - you probably don't even need it since you have the 1st Christmas one.
~Linda~
DS 11/9/04

Melanie
12-04-2005, 11:37 PM
I bought a solid velvet one at Target and took it to an embroiderer to have her name put on it.

Hippoharbor
12-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Really good idea. THanks.

cmdunn1972
12-05-2005, 09:05 AM
We got ours from PBK too! :)

My Mom gets their catalog so we did it by mail. They have both the "Baby's First Christmas" one as well as several personalized ones. We chose the personalized "Reindeer" one and had his name embroidered in red. We chose that over the "Baby's First Christmas" stocking for the same reason the PPs have mentioned.

What we got wasn't on their online site, but it was similar to this, but smaller (and pictured a reindeer instead of Santa):

http://ww2.potterybarnkids.com/cat/pip.cfm?gids=j720&pkey=gthmoccstt&cmsrc=&src=thmaa%7Ccthmoccstt%7Cda%7Crgift%5Cfthm%2Fthmaa %7Ccthmoccstt%7Cda%7Crgift%5Cfthm