PDA

View Full Version : Which Xmas Card do you like?

pixelprincess
12-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Just got it done and have a 100 to print. Which one would you pick to print more of? It seems cost effective to print 75 of one design and 20 of the other (not really, but cause I want to do both). I am going to print from Club Photo.

Dh seems to think the froggie will have universal appeal. What do you think?

TIA

edited pics! Thanks all for your feedback.

SeekerMage
12-05-2005, 12:39 AM
I love the first one, its sooo sweet. the second one I like as well, but I just dont see the underware model type as a xmas card....guess Im more traditional especially with all the "weirdos" in the world...and with sending out sooo many cards, I wouldnt want your sweet boy to be put into the wrong hands if you know what I mean.

darby24
12-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Holy cow, you're talented!! :o

new_mommy25
12-05-2005, 03:13 AM
I love them both! I voted for #1 just because I think it is soo cool. Have you been to winkflash.com? They have really good deals and I found some coupon codes floating around when I did a google search.

randomkid
12-05-2005, 08:45 AM
I like the frog, too. I just don't know about an undie photo for a Christmas card.

How did you do these? Photoshop? They are amazing!!!!

ribbit1019
12-05-2005, 08:57 AM
No question about it....froggie. But I am really biased so I don't know if my vote should count! lol!! :)

Christy
"My Mommy" to Maddy born 06/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
and soon to Little Man due 03/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals!!
http://s14.invisionfree.com/BBB_Preggo_Pals/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=0

karolyp
12-05-2005, 10:30 AM
I love the undie one...too cute!!!

These cards are beautiful. You are quite talented.

BTW, I e-mailed you with a few questions

pixelprincess
12-05-2005, 10:36 AM
I'll check Winkflash. Do you like their print quality? Although, Club Photo's color isn't as good as Shutterfly IMO, you can do more customization with them.

pixelprincess
12-05-2005, 10:38 AM
That is a good point. I'd probably send the Frog to more traditional folks but all the cards go to people I know so it should be fine.

pixelprincess
12-05-2005, 10:41 AM
I used Photoshop! love the program.

s_gosney
12-05-2005, 10:43 AM
I really like both of these. Both very cute, totally unique, and clever too. :)
I'm on a hunt for where to print my cards too and I'm really wanting to do the folded kind, but I'm thinking it may be cost prohibitive. I'm just having a hard time justifying that $ for something most people will eventually throw away.
Are you planning to use the 4x8s for yours? They're so much cheaper! Maybe my hang up is not being able to write a personal greeting on them. I wonder if it's possible to leave a chunk of the greeting area blank and then write on it with a sharpie or something...
Oops...sorry for the hijack. I'm just obsessed with figuring out a way to get a great card, but not go broke! And I don't want them to look like every other photo card people receive since they seem to be growing in popularity.
Anyway, yours definitely won't look like everyone else's! They're incredible!

pixelprincess
12-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Sherri, thanks! I love folded cards but don't want to spend the $$ as I have to send out a 100. I am currently planning the 4 x 8's from Club Photo. I am a bit of a perfectionist, lol so their over saturated color bugs me BUT they do provide customization and are cheap to print. You can eliminate the side graphics in their designs. I can post a pic for you if you'd like. I love using candids for cards...they seem a lot more personal to me!

mainepotato
12-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Wow, these are both amazing!! I like the frog one best for a Christmas card.

new_mommy25
12-05-2005, 01:13 PM
I haven't ordered from Winkflash yet but I am getting my cards through them this year. I hope they are good! You can get a 5x7 card, no side graphics for .29. I like the 5x7 option better than 4x8.

JacksMommy
12-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Well I voted for undies because your DS just looks so beautiful in it, but agree the froggy might have more universal appeal. These are fantastic!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

JacksMommy
12-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Well I voted for undies because your DS just looks so beautiful in it, but agree the froggy might have more universal appeal. These are fantastic!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

mommyj_2
12-05-2005, 04:50 PM
I love them both! Your DS looks totally adorable in both of them. They are fantastic! Now you have me wanting photoshop.

papal
12-05-2005, 07:20 PM
I went with undies. I love the composition of the undies picture!

pixelprincess
12-05-2005, 07:27 PM
I agree Rashmi. I don't think the 2nd pic/composition is the best but many am outta time to get better pics.

papal
12-05-2005, 07:30 PM
The first pic (froggy) is fantastic... don't get me wrong.. but the second is outstanding! LOL.
What if you got rid of the background (trees, monkey), let him be on the froggy, and then shifted the whole thing to the right?? Does that make sense? Maybe a plain background.. gray or light blue or something?

pixelprincess
12-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Costco has 5 x 6 cards that are a great price. $16 for 50 and $6 for an additional 25. You can get blank ones without the borders that wouldn't be too bad.

pixelprincess
12-05-2005, 07:41 PM
I seriously didn't like the pic as well so no worries! The pic is fairly low res and cropped tight so I don't have room to wiggle it around. I don't really mind the background as it is a mural at our local zoo. I added some of the color/layering as it was pretty blah without it.

btw, where is your card with Ms. Leela?

justlearning
12-05-2005, 07:45 PM
You're a very talented mommy! :) They're both great pictures, but I prefer the first for a card although the second photo seems more artistic.

Just thought I'd also add that you may want to blur your son's full name from the second card for privacy reasons on here, if in fact that is his name.

papal
12-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Too bad about it being low res.. it is a great pic.
Here is a what I roughly had in mind but it is not looking as great as the second card!

here is our holiday card. my creative juices have been replaced by pregnancy hormones so it is not the greatest. LOL. The 'background' is a close up of the silk cushion covers. haha!

pixelprincess
12-05-2005, 09:05 PM
rashmi, your card is lovely! it's been a while since I have seen Leela and she looks grown up! it's so great that she got to enjoy diwali in India.

i love what you did with the froggie pic. thanx for the inspiration. i just realized that my dimensions were wrong for the cards when i uploaded them to club photo. so i have a little more room to play with. i got rid of the creature thingy and that helps to simply the background too.

papal
12-05-2005, 09:18 PM
You must show us what you finally decide on!