PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop purchase??

martycw
12-05-2005, 12:02 PM
I want/need a photo editing program. I think people on this board like Photoshop? (I'd also consider others!) Anyone know what version, a good place to buy it, and approximate cost? TIA.

BillK
12-05-2005, 12:05 PM
For normal day to day editing - don't purchase Photoshop CS2 - it's like $599.

Photoshop Elements 4.0 has similar functionality minus a few fancy pro-type extras (probably still has MORE than the average person will ever use though) and is available most anywhere for about $99.

searchdog
12-05-2005, 12:08 PM
I recently upgraded from Photoshop Elements 2.0 to Photoshop Elements 4.0. The store I bought it at had it on sale for $49.99 (orig $99.99)and then I was able to do the $20 upgrade rebate so it only cost me $30 after rebate. I just checked and that sale isn't going on anymore, but at least it tells you it is possible to get it for that price. I saw it at another store at that price the day after Thanksgiving as well. So if you aren't in a hurry I would watch the ads in your Sunday paper and see if anyone has it on sale. I would guess it will be with xmas coming up.

I am still trying to figure 4.0 out since it is different from 2.0, but I am excited to use it since it has several new features that my old version didn't have.