PDA

View Full Version : Christmas card question

HGraceMom
12-05-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm addressing my cards this afternoon *They're so beautiful (thanks Juliet!)* , and have a bit of a problem...

We have two familiy freiends who are Jewish, but my cards say Merry Christmas on them. Do I send the card to the two families, or do I skip them altogether? I don't have any non-Christmas options to send, and vowed not to go to Target again this season...

kedss
12-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Can you just send a family photo with a letter to these families?

bostonsmama
12-05-2005, 02:25 PM
I can't answer for your friends b/c Judaism is not my religion, but from the reverse perspective I would love it to receive a "Happy Hanukkah" card from our Jewish friends. After all, it is the holiday they celebrate and I'd be happy to receive warm wishes from a different perspective. That being said, you could make a note that while you'll be celebrating the Christmas season, you really hope they enjoy the magic of the Hanukkah holiday or the generic holiday season. I don't know...maybe that's silly.

I'd see what other people say. A handwritten (non-holiday) note would probably also do the trick.

Larissa
who's gettin in the holiday mood

"Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them." -
James Baldwin

pb&j
12-05-2005, 02:47 PM
I say go ahead and send the Christmas card. You might want to include a small personal note acknowledging that they don't celebrate Christmas, but that you wanted to include them in your celebration. I love getting holiday cards from other religions, and would be sad if I got left off the list...

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, edd 01/15/06 - it's a HEALTHY BOY!

http://lilypie.com/days/060115/3/25/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

JFC
12-05-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm Jewish and I LOVE getting Christmas cards from all my friends. FWIW, I would be really sad/upset if I were "skipped." I suggest simply writing in a wish for a Happy Hannukkah and Happy New Year, etc. I'm sure your friends will love to see your beautiful cards! HTH!

nupe
12-05-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm not Christian. I'm not Jewish. I practice another faith. I have always enjoyed holiday cards, even those that say Merry Christmas.

Nupe

HGraceMom
12-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Thanks ladies - as always, you have the answers :)

I just finished addressing my cards & will definitely include the two families. I had the card Juliet designed printed on the outside of a notecard so I could include a personal note inside each (a pet peeve of mine is a blank / non-personalized / unsigned card...) and will definitely go the Happy Hannukkah & Happy New Year route.

:)