PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Candle Holiday Scents?

bnme
12-05-2005, 03:27 PM
I am thinking of ordering some Yankee Candles on-line as Christmas gifts, but I have never seen IRL so not sure of the scents. Any opinions?

Peppermint Swirl
Peppermint Cranberry
Jack Frost
White Chocolate Peppermint
Peppermint Cocoa

There are some great coupon codes in Bargin Alerts, especially on the Jack Frost large Housewarmer, and I want to take advantage!

TIA

Pennylane
12-05-2005, 04:00 PM
I love the Peppermint Cranberry,Jack Frost,and also Home for the Holidays.

Ann

DebbieJ
12-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Wow the names of those "foody" scents make me want to wretch. What is the Jack Frost one?

I have Home for the Holidays and I love it!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

searchdog
12-05-2005, 04:35 PM
My favorite is one that is called Snow Magic, but I think that it is the same as Jack Frost. I can tell you that Snow Magic is a vanilla pepperment mix.

Momof3Labs
12-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Jack Frost is minty; you may feel like your house smells like toothpaste! I had a few of those and dumped them on eBay because we just didn't like the smell.

My favorite holiday scent is Christmas Cookie - fools everyone into thinking that I was baking (ha!).

Corie
12-05-2005, 05:12 PM
I have one called Cranberry Chutney.
It smells great!

bunnisa
12-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I've heard that the throw on the Cocoa and White Chocolate candles isn't very good.

Not on your list, but my 2 faves are Snow Angel, Milk & Cookies & Holiday Bayberry (which is VERY scented).

Are you open to non-holiday scents? I've heard great things about Mandarin Cranberry and a few others.

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres

MegND95
12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Love "Home for the Holidays" and the "Bayberry" one as well.

trentsmom
12-05-2005, 07:19 PM
For Christmastime, I like Mistletoe. Smells like I have fresh greenery in the house. And no needles! :)