PDA

View Full Version : Please reassure me that she won't sleep swaddled forever

missliss55
12-05-2005, 06:08 PM
My DD is 4 months old and sleeps wonderfully when swaddled. Now the problem. I have been leaving an arm out now and then to get her used to sleeping not swaddled and she sleeps horribly. Constantly waking up. So then I go back to swaddling. Please tell me that there will come a day when she will sleep with her arms out! Thanks!

P.S. Love the miracle blanket!

dmg222
12-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Hi,
I can reassure you based on my dd. I think we stopped swaddling her when she was around 5 or 6 months (!). We actually stopped swaddling when she was about 1 month old and it took us about another month to realize she still needed the swaddle to sleep. The swaddling seems like ages to me now so I can't recall too much about what we did to stop the swaddling but if I recall correctly, it was an easy transition to go from swaddling to unswaddling. I'm a big proponent of doing whatever it takes to get baby to sleep. Sometimes we would even put dd to nap in the swing swaddled :) Now she does fine without her props so we don't need to send her off to college with her swing and receiving blankets! :)
HTH,
Daniella