PDA

View Full Version : ? for diva cup users.....

muskiesusan
12-06-2005, 07:47 AM
For what social occasion would one wear the pin that comes with the diva cup? :)

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

drsweetie
12-06-2005, 08:41 AM
There's a pin?! Ouch! ;)

Ellen

DebbieJ
12-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Yeah, kinda funny huh? Like I'm going to wear that on my lapel to broadcast the fact that I use the diva? How silly!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

tarabenet
12-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I wondered the same thing! Like there's gonna be a "feminine protection" convention where I'll be wanting to advertise my choice? Will there be a password and secret handshake to get into the "Diva users only" VIP bathroom stall?

Actually, I'm not that thrilled with mine. Anyone else find it painful at first? Sorry to hijack but can anyone offer encouragement that it will get more comfortable?

boogiemom
12-06-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm with you. I'm not thrilled with mine either. I do find it painful. I tried it for awhile but then gave up as it just hurt.:( I had such high hopes as everyone seems to love theirs.

Good Luck, though. Maybe you get used to it if you give it enough time? Personally, not big on pain so I didn't try to "go the distance" with it or anything.

egfmba
12-06-2005, 11:47 AM
I keep mine pinned to the little bag you carry the cup in. I, too, fail to attend the Menstrual Convention each year.

As to the pain, I don't know how to help. I've had no problem with mine hurting and I absolutely love it. May I ask how it hurts? Is it the stem? Do you feel like you have to pee? Does it hurt when you put it in? Maybe if you describe how it hurts, someone on the board will know exactly what you're talking about and how to help!

You may also try searching the board (there were several postings on the cup) or googling the cup and message boards. There are several message boards out there whose members give great instructions on placement and insertion.

HTH,
eva

tarabenet
12-06-2005, 05:12 PM
No, I cut the stem off after my first trial with the thing. But when I put it in, it hurts. If I can get it settled, it is OK. But I am left with this bruised and scraped feeling. And of course, removal is just more of the same.

All the directions I find, including the ones that came with it (and the little purple bag, and the lovely membership pin!), seem very complete. But they don't help with this. MaybeI should have gotten the other size after all? But the website was very emphatic about women over 35 need the larger one.

egfmba
12-06-2005, 06:51 PM
That's possible (the smaller size thing). Though they try to ensure they're doing the most good for the most people, everyone is still unique. You may just be 'petite' and need the smaller one.

Are you still within your 1 year guarantee period? Send it back for the smaller size and explain why. I've heard they're great about honoring the guarantee.

Good luck!
eva

chlobo
12-06-2005, 09:03 PM
I've only tried mine once but it was uncomfortable too. I'm also wondering if I should have gotten the smaller one. Naturally, I'm gonna try a few more times to see if it was just the way I put it in.

Maybe you wear the pin when you are wearing the Diva so guys know not to come on to you. LOL.

dr mom
12-07-2005, 12:01 AM
I suppose you could use the pin to clean out the little "air holes" in the Diva which are supposed to prevent mega-suction during removal?

tarabenet
12-07-2005, 09:02 AM
LOL! Or to make more air holes in places that might be more useful for that purpose? That is a whole different problem I'm having now.

Thanks to all who had suggestions. I got brave and went and tried it again yesterday. This time, no problems at all. No pain, it settled right in, etc. The mega-suction on removal is a weird issue, but I can live with that. So to others who are having problems, I'd suggest trying again, and I hope it works out for you. I really like the idea of not having to carry supplies with me everywhere I go.