PDA

View Full Version : Pixxel Queens...Need your help! Xmas card question

MrsZaz
12-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Here is a link for the Xmas card I want to use. My Dh thinks that some of the pictures look 'mushed' (especially the ones of my younger son). What do you think? I tried creating a new collage with the size being 1000x1400 pixxels, but when I paste a picture in there it is tiny and you lose the visual impact. What do you think? Any help would be appreciated. I am ok with getting them printed up as 5x7 pictures but I'm not sure that that is waht the printed size would be KWIM?

Help, please

Colleen

pixelprincess
12-07-2005, 01:42 AM
Not quite the queen...

Your little guys are adorable! It looks like your original images aren't reduced proportionately hence the mushed effect. Are you compressing them in Pshop? Make sure you check the box which says Constrain Proportions when you alter image size.

If your card size is 5 x 7 you should set up your document size at 1500 x 2100 pixels. It is best to use a higher resolution pic from your digital camera. You want to reduce your original image not enlarge it to preserve quality. If you use a low res image your print won't be as sharp. Hope that makes sense.

Although, for the collage if you are using multiple images you don't need to use one image to fill up the entire 1500 x 2100 pix area.

HTH

MrsZaz
12-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Thank you for responding. I am going to try again tonight( I hope)

Colleen