PDA

View Full Version : Mom's of December Babies, what are you asking fo for Xmas?

HeatherW
12-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Help!
I need a gift for a new mom for Xmas! Of course, I could have thought of a gazillion things after I had DD, but I am blanking out now.
Any thoughts or help is appreciated!

Thanks,

H

kedss
12-06-2005, 03:37 PM
hmmm..here are a few ideas:

warm fun slippers
a nice selection of decaf tea
a good long book for sleepless night!

g-mama
12-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Hmmmm...nobody's asked me what I want but here's what I'd tell them if they did!

gift certificate for mani/pedi or massage
nice robe
nursing nightgown
nice new slippers
cute jogging suit
Starbucks gift certificate

That's all I can think of now.

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
and a *THIRD BOY* coming in December '05

jbowman
12-06-2005, 05:12 PM
I have a December baby (and am a December baby too--and hoping that DD #2 stays put until January ;))! When I had DD #1, I remember that I didn't want ANY clothes (I asked my mom to get me earrings, since I could *wear* those, LOL). I think a gift card to a restaurant or someplace like Target would be great!

crayonblue
12-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Me too! I didn't want clothes because nothing fit and I felt so gross. A good friend gave me a gift certificate for a manicure and I didn't use it and it expired! (I still feel badly about that. I know she was hoping I would have some "me" time.) I had a hard time getting out of the house for a LONG time! I am hoping with baby #2 (hoping for a baby #2) I will be much more with it! :)

I would have liked tea, nursing pads (ha! ha!), gift certificates to places like Target or take-out food places, etc.

kdeunc
12-06-2005, 06:58 PM
I have two December babies and I asked for clothing gift certificates both times. I knew eventually I would lose the baby weight and want new clothes. Of course, 11 and 1/2 months later I am still working on the baby weight but the gift certificates were nice!:)