PDA

View Full Version : Cute things done by your DC this week

JBaxter
12-07-2005, 09:02 AM
I had to share... Nathan is currently doing a potty orientation phase so he is becoming body function aware. Nathans 2 older brothers are 14 & 11 and for some reason passing gas has become a "manly" thing to do with a rating system on rumble and smell. My oldest expelled a particularly "good" one yesterday while watching TV with Nathan. Nathan jumped up and ran to his diaper basket grabed the wipes and carried them to his brother patted his butt and announced " AWWWWWWWW.... Pee Pee.... EEEEWWWWWW. I laughed so hard I almost cried.

Those of you without preteens/teens may not find this as funny as I did LOL

bcky2
12-07-2005, 09:10 AM
ok, that is funny. i would have been dying!

my older ds was not being very good one day and so i told him that santa will cancel christmas and make us take the tree down. well he continued to be a nightmare so i told him that santa called and the tree has to come down. i told him to get one last look at it so we can start to take it down. well he was devestated. he came to me crying that he didnt want it taken down. he starts telling me how sorry he is. i ask him what he is going to do so that we can keep the tree up and not have to take it down. well i expect that he will say that he will be a good boy and listen to mama and be nice to his brother. well that sure isnt what he was thinking. he tells me that we will keep the tree up and then we will get a big lock and we will lock it to the floor that way no matter what, santa cant take it :o where did he get that from!

octmom
12-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Too funny! My cute story for the week is that Sean lifted up my t-shirt on Saturday morning, touched my belly and said, "My baby sister." DH and I just looked at each other in disbelief and then melted. We've told him that he is going to be a big brother and when he has climbed on me and been a bit rough, I have told him that he needs to be careful about the baby in my belly. We just found out last week that we are having a girl and probably told him twice that he would have a baby sister, but we didn't think he really got it. He sure showed us. :)

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March
Just found out-- IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

jbowman
12-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Ellie and I were at Target on Monday. We were looking at mittens/gloves and I was trying to find something that she'd like (read: something that she'd actually wear). I saw a hat that said PRINCESS on it--it was a little tacky, but Ellie loves princesses, so I said, "Look at this hat...it says PRINCESS...do you want to wear this?" And she said, "No, I be a queen!" I could not stop laughing...where did she learn about queens, LOL?! And how does she know that being a queen is infinitely better than being a princess? I guess we know who's in charge now! ;)

lizamann
12-07-2005, 09:36 AM
As a former middle school teacher, I have a great fondness for pre-teen boys - seriously! I know there are very few of us out there LOL!

Our cute story is that dd developed her first imaginary friend a few days ago. She keeps taking her friend in the living room to show her the Christmas tree, keeps holding her hand. The friend went to the grocery store with us. Dd tells me that she's three (dd is 2.5) and lives in "Hushcago." She doesn't have a name yet.

buddyleebaby
12-07-2005, 09:54 AM
My dd has smiled and laughed in her sleep pretty much since she was born. This past week she started talking in her sleep as well.
She very quietly says da da da, usually. Once in a while a ba will be thrown in.
It's so precious. I wonder, as always, what she's dreaming about.

Wife_and_mommy
12-07-2005, 09:55 AM
LOL. That is classic!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogcrd20040405_4_My+child+is.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev035pb___.png

Aunt to sweet baby boy
12-07-2005, 10:36 AM
These are all SOO funny. I am at work and everyone is looking at me wondering what i am laughing at!

Avi's newest "trick" is that he takes his hand and hits your face when he gets excited. He does not do it to be mean just so show how much he loves you etc. Recently when he does that we say no, make nice so now when you say make nice he pats your back. Its so sweet because he really understands what you are saying and he just pats your back so gently. He also is walking everywhere and chasing after his two kitties and the other day the cat was walking around the table to get away from avi and avi was following him and they were just walking in circles it was very sweet.

I could go on and on about my favorite little boy....

Ilana

barbarhow
12-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Anna is "talking" nonstop. 2 hours of Dadadadadadadadadadada yesterday. She is so pleased with herself. So cute.
Jack is loving the Christmas season. He sang Jingle Bells all the way home from daycare yesterday. He is also starting to read to himslef at night. I say good night and leave him with a book. Most nights he will "read" for a few minutes and then fall asleep with the book next to him. The other night as I said goodnight and walked to the door he says "All done." Pitches the book onto the floor (kind of like tossing a frisbee). And turns over while pulling up the covers. It just seemed so sweet.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

nicoleandjackson
12-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Oh--sounds like my house (only with DH and DS, nice!) ;)

I think DS is turning into Zen Preschooler. He's had some dawdling issues over the last few weeks (Gee, wonder where that comes from? Although I prefer the term "punctually challenged" :)) and yesterday he says to me:

"Mommy, I am a good listener. But sometimes, I just don't feel like it."

Can't argue with that logic!

Nicole
Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

Who's the Biggest Boy? It's Jackson!
http://lilypie.com/baby4/020430/1/2/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

psophia17
12-07-2005, 01:28 PM
DS loves farting. He lets out big, manly farts, announces "fawted - stinkeeeee" and then laughs himself silly. Thanks, DH, for teaching him that. We are now working on "excuse me." But it sure is funny when he yells "fawted!"

DS has also taken to lifting shirts and listening to babies. DH, BIL, FIL, MIL, everyone - he's listening for the babies. When he does it to me, I melt - he usually says the baby is crying and gives my belly a hug and kiss. So sweet... how much sweeter will it be when I'm actually pg...

Sillygirl
12-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Jonathan's been cutting a premolar this week and cute has been in somewhat short supply. But he has been loving the frozen blueberries I let him chew on to help his gums. He was at the table with us in his high chair and I went to get him some blueberries. When they poured onto his tray he let out the most delighted squeal, like "Ooooh!"

mudder17
12-07-2005, 01:34 PM
ROTFL!!! No preteens/teens here, but oh my gosh, that is the funniest thing I've heard all week!

The only two cute things Kaya is doing this week is when she sees the cat (Poppy, our resident fat cat) on the counter, she'll say very authoritatively, "Poppy, off! Poppy, off!" until he actually jumps off. The other thing is that she is making the dolls, (stuffed) cats, dogs, lambie, etc. kissing each other, kissing herself, kissing us...and when we kiss her good night, she'll hold up her lambie for a kiss as well. Oh, and yes, I have now nursed her doll and her lamb. :P

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

MrsZaz
12-07-2005, 03:52 PM
When we were at my ILS over Thanksgiving, my oldest son (3 1/2) was looking a pictures that my MIL had displayed. He saw one of me and his Dad on our wedding day. The traditional picture, me in a white dress, Dad in a tux. He pointed to me when someone asked where mommy was. Then asked 'who the prince' was in the picture with me. I laugh everytime I think of it. He didn't believe it was his Dad at first - it took some convincing.

Colleen

kath68
12-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Hee hee! I love when they issue commands to the animals -- Charlie does that: "Annie IT!" for Sit! She totally ignores him, though. Last night after Charlie was done with dinner, he commanded Annie to come and wash his sticky hands for him. "Annie EEEEESE!" Meaning "please wash my hands" he was holding them out for her. Heck, she'll do that (and his face) without the command. Gross, but true.

babymama
12-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Santiago loves jumping on my bed and (worse) jumping off my bed. I've tried to do what I can to discourage it, but short of getting rid of the bed, I've decided all I can do really is supervise the jumping.

Anyway, I was particularly tired on Saturday, so I decided to lie down while supervising his jumping. Santiago didn;t like that I was taking up space on the bed, so he kept saying "out, mommy!" I responded with "Mommy's sleepy. Santiago want to go to sleepy?"

He laid down next to me, and let out some very loud, very dramatic fake snores. It made me laugh really, really hard. Where did he pick that up?

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03 and
One on the way, due 01/03/06

Saartje
12-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Isaac has started shaking his head and saying "Neh," and nodding and saying "Yah!" for no and yes. Actual conversation with DH and Ishie today:

DH: Do you want more oatmeal?
Ish, shaking head: Neh.
DH: Do you want something else to eat?
Ish, shaking head: Uh... Neh.
DH: Are you done?
Ish nods after thinking about it for a minute: Yah!

lmintzer
12-07-2005, 06:51 PM
These are great! We have some clever little ones here. The creative thinking is priceless!

Let's see: Joshua likes to dance--when I say, "Joshua, dance, dance, dance, dance" he starts stamping around super fast. Yesterday he tried to say the word too "Da, da, da" (he's a late talker, so I was really proud of him). He gets this huge grin on his face when he dances. It's so cute.

Jack's funniest recent comment was last week: he was helping me fold laundry (my dad still here after Thanksgiving). I said, "Why don't you show Papa how you fold a long-sleeve shirt?" He did a good job, and then praised himself: "Papa, isn't that impressive." We just cracked up!

Yesterday, I had my babysitter here, and I suggested she play Play Doh with the boys, since we hadn't done that in a while. When I came home, I found out Joshua had been sitting for 45 minutes (huh? he never does that for me). She was laughing, because Jack had declared, "I think Joshua's really enjoying himself," after they had been playing for while.

I swear this kid is 4 going on 14!

jenjenfirenjen
12-07-2005, 07:18 PM
These are too funny! I am cracking up! Luke has been super affectionate with me lately, giving me hug bear hugs around my neck and kissing me (those open-mouthed baby kisses.) But at playgroup yesterday, he went up to one of the others kiddos and gave a big hug and a kiss. Too cute!

This weekend, I had to give him some Advil for his 3 molars that are coming in and he then proceeded to run around for 15 mintues with the medicine dispenser sideways in his mouth, laughing the whole time.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/31030.jpg

ribbit1019
12-07-2005, 10:34 PM
These are so funny! Nathan cracks me up!

DD has recently been pretend eating. Very cute.

DH and DD and I were shopping at the store for DH. DH was trying things on and I stopped to see if a shirt was in DH's size, next thing I know DD is crawling under the changing room door. Which DH WAS NOT IN! The guy was fully dressed, thank god and got a chuckle out of it, but I was mortified. He opened up the door and she was standing there looking at the man with her mouth in an O and said "uh-oh!"

In the bathtub DD has taken to grabbing a handful of bubbles and taking a deep breath and then rubbing them all over her face really fast. Not quite sure what that is about...

DH was sealing the window with plastic and using the hair dryer, occasionally DH would "dry" DD and she would run away giggling. When DH would turn it off and set it down, DD picked it up and handed it to him to do it again.

Last but not least, we have a recorded version of a concert we went to last year, the singer said "Whoo!" at one point and every time DD hears it she says "Whoo!" too. She also claps and cheers along with the audience. :)

Christy
"My Mommy" to Maddy born 06/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
and soon to Little Man due 03/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals!!
http://s14.invisionfree.com/BBB_Preggo_Pals/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=0

mudder17
12-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Hee, hee, I actually thought of Charlie (I remember one of your previous posts) when Kaya first did that. Fortunately, the cats don't wash her hands, so I don't have to worry about that thing. She is enraptured with washing her hands, though (translation: playing with the water in the sink) and I was getting really tired of holding her up and am very happy we finally got the learning tower!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

brittone2
12-07-2005, 11:24 PM
I love these stories! Nathan is so funny :) I grew up in a house with 4 older brothers so I can understand ;)

We took DS to a Christmas parade over the weekend. Logan was sitting on DH's shoulders to watch the parade. He didn't smile that much (it must have been too cold!) but he was dancing so much DH thought he was going to fall off of his shoulders. When the parade ended, he kept signing/saying "more parade! more parade!!" so we ended up following the parade a few more blocks to milk some extra time out of it ;)

On the way home Logan kept talking about the drums and the (cement) truck that went "round and round." (yes there was a cement truck in the parade..don't ask) He pleaded for "more parade" the whole way home.

I got him in bed but he was still charged up and kept talking about the parade. I asked him what he liked best so he brought up the cement truck again, and then started saying "more drum, more drum." This went on for oh....about 20 mins straight. I had my laptop in the bedroom with me and DH sent me an email saying "more drum" about 1000x because he was laughing listening to it on the monitor in the office. Logan literally fell asleep saying "more drum" and when he woke up the next morning, "more parade" was the first thing out of his mouth :)

DS has a thing for parades I reckon ;)

C99
12-07-2005, 11:52 PM
I asked Nate what my name was yesterday. He said, "Mama." I said, "What's my other name?" He said, "Caroline." So cute! Especially because it's rather hard for little ones to say and he cannot really pronounce the r yet. Then I asked him what Daddy's other name is and he said Daddy's first name too.

kboyle
12-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Today while coloring DS started singing you are my sunshine, his version:
Sunshine, my only sunshine
you make me happy when the sky is gray
Dear, I love you
Please don't take (pause) away

then he told himself "good job, charlie"

I couldn't help but smile.

Then when got home from work this evening he ran to my room with me while I changed and pointed to a new packAge of Charmin toilet paper and said "oohhh, new Bounty" When and where did he learn that paper towels have a "name"? I told him it was tp and he told DH "it's like bounty, but it's toilet paper daddy"