PDA

View Full Version : Ebay question...condition of dvd

ctmom
12-07-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm looking to buy a few of the same dvd and I found a seller on ebay who has 8 left. My problem is where it says "condition" it is left blank. I emailed the seller yesterday and haven't heard back and the auction ends today. Should I be skeptical of a seller who doesn't get back to me? I've only bought a few things on ebay and they have all been nwt clothes in great condition, this is the first time I've thought about buying a dvd...
HELP!
Mary

tarabenet
12-07-2005, 11:31 AM
I would let that one get away. There will be others. If the seller wouldn't note the condition, I'd be very suspicious.

nd93
12-07-2005, 11:35 AM
YES!!! A conscientious seller would have gotten back to you. If you have doubts while shopping on ebay, it's better to pass. People who have things in great condition go to great lengths to say so and show lots of pictures. These probably have some problem - used, scratched, wrong format for US, smell funny, you name it. By leaving condition blank he's covering himself. Wait for an auction you can feel good about bidding on.

ctmom
12-07-2005, 04:25 PM
I just left another message for the seller but I don't know if I'm going to get a response. The dvd in question is a Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie and I was very suprised it was even available on dvd. I'm wondering if it is a bootleg copy or something. I was looking for the vhs copy because that is what we borrow from the library and my girls love it. I figured I would try to pick up a few copies for nieces and nephews...

Ari
12-29-2005, 06:37 AM
can you email him and ask him the condition before you buy them?

chiqanita
12-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Sounds suspicious to me.

BTW, I CAN'T STAND EBAY OR PAYPAL!
We were ripped off a couple of years ago and we haven't been back since. The untrustworthy person (seller) ripped of several people over a few months. FBI involved and everything. I'm just surprised Ebay allowed that person to continue selling after the first few complaints. And Paypal, well they could care less and offered no help.

KBecks
12-29-2005, 09:34 AM
I'd check the feedback of the seller at toolhaus.org and see what you find there.

I'd also be skeptical of buying from a seller who doesn't get back to you. I might still buy if it's an item I really want and the price is a really good deal.

I've bought DVD's on EBay before and some sellers do bootleg copies, but they call them "imports" -- yeah, imported fake copies! LOL.

HannaAddict
12-30-2005, 01:35 AM
If you actually read the post you responded to, you would know that the OP did just that.