PDA

View Full Version : Holiday gift for daycar providers?

babybunny
12-07-2005, 10:21 AM
I have enrolled my DS in daycare..and his classroom has three caretakers throughout the day. Any suggestions on the holiday gift? Do we need to get the "manager" a gift too? The manager is not the owner.

kedss
12-07-2005, 11:13 AM
there some good threads for this, but here are some ideas:

gift cards(movies, restaurants, bookstores)
gift basket for the room, maybe breakfast, or baked goods ?
a gift for the classroom, a toy or supplies, or books?
christmas ornaments

mostly daycare workers would love a christmas card of thanks for the job they do! (though gifts are appreciated too!:))

I used to teach in a preschool, and loved the smiles my kids would give me when they gave me a handmade card. :)

HTH :)

kelly ann
12-07-2005, 11:17 AM
I think giftcards are the best thing for the caregivers. One year I gave a gift certificate from the local mall so it could be used in any store.

Another great gift is a bunch of books for the classroom. Or some really good hand cream...they are washing their hands constantly throughout the day.

I never have given the manager/director a gift.

kaylinsmommy2
12-07-2005, 11:53 AM
My daughter also has 3 caretakers throughout the morning (we do mornigns only) in her main classroom. During drop off, there are 3 different caretakers for the first 30 min until her classroom teachers arrive. I am only getting her 3 classroom teachers Barnes and Noble gift cards (plus a small bottle of the Bath and Body hand sanitizer). DD just moved up from the infant room this month, so I also am giving the same thing to her previous teacher.

The director of the daycare used to be the director of the infant room (and one of DD's favorite teachers in the infant room). However, I have already bought 4 gifts, so I probably won't get her anything. If I did, I might give her some books for the classrooms and cookies or something.
Caroline
Kaylin 6/5/04

http://b2.lilypie.com/9KMlm7/.png[/img][/url]

NatalieM
12-07-2005, 01:02 PM
We're doing gift bags for the 3 teachers in my DD's infant/nursery room. I plan on making some baked goods and putting them in tins I purchased. I also bought 3 cute Christmas ornaments and I'm going to get a $15 gift card for each as well. Put everything in the gift bag and make it look pretty! I'll also include a card for each of them to thank them for the wonderful job they do. I'm still undecided about the gift cards though. I'm not sure if I'm going to do Starbucks, Bed Bath & Beyond or a movie theatre gift card. The mall gift card sounds like a good idea too!
Ugh, decisions....

Ari
12-29-2005, 06:38 AM
I gave ours a gift last year, I didn't even get a thank you or anything, then she quit. I don't think it's neccessary, it's a personal thing.

Jen841
12-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Due to turnover, I kind of gift throughout the year for holidays. Here is what we did this year...
Jude- 2 teachers....
Target gift card
Socks
Movie candy
all in a popcorn box

Evan- only there for 2 weeks- 3 teachers and a bunch of floaters
B&B soaps, creams and anti-bacterial gel
Books
CD
I gifted the room, not individuals. Ironically, the teachers all gifted him (bib, socks, toy)

For DH's staff-
Movie passes
movie candy
all in a popcorn box

I am all about the presentation if you have not figured that out. I would have gifted all 1 or 2 movie passes if I had bought more. I am going to do that for Valentine's Day I guess.