PDA

View Full Version : OT: Party Punch recipe

KrisM
12-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Anyone have a great punch recipe for a party? Cheap ingredients would be best :).

ETA: Those both sound great, but I need an alcoholic recipe. Sorry I didn't specify that originally!

psophia17
12-07-2005, 08:46 PM
I always mix this one up:

1 tub sherbet (the tub is easier, since it'll fit right into the punch bowl, but you can use 1/2 a boxed sherbet, too)
1 bag frozen strawberries (or other frozen berries)
1 bottle cranberry juice (whatever you like)
1 bottle ginger ale

Put the sherbet in the punch bowl first, then the strawberries; you want about equal parts of cranberry juice and ginger ale, and the ginger ale goes in last. Eyeball how much room you have left in your punch bowl, and then factor in for a couple of inches of froth (like the stuff on top of a rootbeer float, but fruity), and add as much cranberry juice as you feel safe doing. Top off with ginger ale.

This recipe is so easy, and always tastes good, no matter what the proportion of ingredients. Plus, since none of the ingredients is ice, it never gets watered down. I love eating the strawberries at the end...yum!

almostamom
12-07-2005, 08:47 PM
This one is pretty easy and inexpensive.

2 2 liter bottles of 7 UP, Sprite, or Ginger Ale
1 can of frozen lime-aide concentrate
A few scoops of sherbert.

Put limeade concentrate in a punch bowl. Pour soda over it. Add a few scoops of sherbert.
It tends to be sweeter with Sprite than 7 UP.

HTH,
~Linda~
DS 11/9/04

mskitty
12-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Sangria is always good... cheap red wine, a bit of hard alcohol, and some fruit. Sometimes I mix it up to make a white sangria. That is more of a summery drink though...

How about hot spiked cider (add some buttershots to cider with mulling spices)? Or just do some spiced mulled wine? Maybe spike some hot cocoa with creme de menthe?

Hope those are some inspiration for you...

MsKitty

HGraceMom
12-08-2005, 08:37 AM
OUr standy recipe is SO EASY - we have used it for wedding & baby showers through the years...

1 bottle champagne, chilled
1 2 liter bottle of gingerale (vernors is a favorite here, can use Canada Dry, etc.) chilled
2 packages frozen strawberries

Put strawberries in punch bowl, add both the champagne & vernors, serve.

A few years ago I "test-drank" 4 other recipes when preparing for a Christmas open house (we had some friends over & really had a fun time tasting them all!) and this one was, by far, the favorite.

trentsmom
12-08-2005, 10:27 PM
How about whiskey sour punch? I think it's made from lemonade concentrate, orange juice concentrate, bourbon, and not sure what else. If you're interested, I can get my mom's recipe. I've gotten toasty on it a few Christmas mornings while opening gifts! (Yes, we have punch that early. Aren't we bad? :) )

Lately, we've enjoyed Red Roosters. Got the recipe from Emeril. http://www.emerils.com/recipes/by_name/red_rooster.html It's a mix of cranberry juice, orange juice concentrate, and vodka. You freeze it, and it's a slushy.