PDA

View Full Version : Any great ideas for gifts that an almost 3 yo can make?

barbarhow
12-08-2005, 03:40 PM
I would love to have Jack make a gift for everyone. Nothing too elaborate. Maybe just a simple ornament. Anyone have any really cute/creative but easy ideas. Nothing too complicated or intricate. Just really cute. TIA.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

kedss
12-08-2005, 03:44 PM
How about one of his handprints next to a picture of him? My brother did one for my mom for Mother's Day when he was three, and its still adorable! His babysitter cut out a picture of him on his rocking horse, and glued it next to his handprint, too cute! :)

or maybe his handprint in a dough that can airdry, for an ornament?

JulieL
12-08-2005, 04:10 PM
We are painting ceramic ornaments from walmart (found by unpainted villages at any craft store). DS is doing his own & having a blast. He's been painting at preschool since he was 2 1/2 so thats how I came up with the idea. I cover our table w/a trash bag & let him go to town - he LOVES it. And it's cheap ;)

muskiesusan
12-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Last year Nick made really cute ornaments. I bought the clear ones from Michaels and squirted paint into the inside of them. He then swirled the paint all around to creat a design. Cute and simple, but controlled so no mess!!

This year we made wreaths from nuts and pine cones we collected in the yard. I bought small wreaths and we just glued the nuts and pine cones onto the surface. Also pretty easy.

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

slknight
12-08-2005, 07:15 PM
How about this one? I think we're going to make it.

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11155

MelissaTC
12-08-2005, 08:34 PM
What about some of the foam type sets? I know Matthew loves those and they are pretty easy to do.

August Mom
12-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Justin loves those Foamies from Michaels. We did gingerbread houses and a train for the grandparents this year. He also has done Foamies picture frames. We put magnets on the back so they could be used on the refrigerator.

brittone2
12-08-2005, 10:37 PM
I was going to suggest this too. I was looking for ideas a few weeks back and bumped into this idea and thought it would be cute :) Easy, personal, and very cute IMO :)

barbarhow
12-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Susan.
How are you guys? If I were more organized I would suggest we get together to do them....
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

s_gosney
12-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Along the same lines, on the walmart commercial with Martina McBride (I think that's right), there's a picture of a reindeer on her fridge. It looks like the head was made by tracing the child's foot and then the two antlers are the child's two hands. It looks cute too, but of course it's more work.