PDA

View Full Version : what do you do with your software/electronics boxes

babymama
12-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Trying to declutter, and wondering what everyone else does with the boxes that our software and electronics come packaged in? Share your secret, please.

We tend to keep these boxes which makes for lots of clutter but is oh, so convenient when we move (not that we're planning on moving). When I looked around the office this morning, I saw boxes for about 8-10 software programs and boxes/packaging for our printer, laptop, digital camera, camcorder, wireless router.

Help me organize my home office.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03 and
One on the way, due 01/03/06

starrynight
12-08-2005, 05:20 PM
The software I get rid of those boxes. The pc/scanner/monitor etc. I save the boxes because we move often and it's nice to have them. I store them in the shed.

I'm no help am I?

KrisM
12-08-2005, 08:07 PM
We throw them away. We used to keep printer boxes, when we moved more often, but we're settled now and have tossed them too.

jenjenfirenjen
12-08-2005, 09:28 PM
My DH probably thinks we keep all these boxes but I throw out everything except the large electronic boxes that we'd need for moving. Those I keep in the attic. Sorry I'm no help.

tiapam
12-09-2005, 03:20 PM
I would probably get rid of the software boxes and keep the other ones.
Now, can someone give me permission to throw out the boxes from my china?

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

Ari
12-29-2005, 06:26 AM
I just recycle them. If we saved every box, omg we would have a million boxes.

proggoddess
12-29-2005, 01:51 PM
I ditched the boxes for all but the largest bundles of software. Instead, I keep my CDs and manuals in hanging folders stored inside plastic storage tubs. The large software bundles (like Photoshop and Office, whose manuals are gigantic) don't fit easily in the hanging folders, so I just keep them in their boxes.

Momof3Labs
12-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Pitch them all. We moved recently, and found it easier to just set the monitor and tower in our minivan than to deal with packing it in original boxes, trusting it to the movers, and then unpacking it. The printer went in a box with other computer paraphernalia and traveled with the movers - it was fine. Our laptops went into the bags that we use to carry them around, and then into our cars, too.

Would you really take the time to pack software and small (digital camera, router, etc.) electronics back in the original boxes for a move? I'm betting that with two little ones running around, you'd just throw it in a box or rubbermaid container and move it that way!

Momof3Labs
12-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Pitch them all. We moved recently, and found it easier to just set the monitor and tower in our minivan than to deal with packing it in original boxes, trusting it to the movers, and then unpacking it. The printer went in a box with other computer paraphernalia and traveled with the movers - it was fine. Our laptops went into the bags that we use to carry them around, and then into our cars, too.

Would you really take the time to pack software and small (digital camera, router, etc.) electronics back in the original boxes for a move? I'm betting that with two little ones running around, you'd just throw it in a box or rubbermaid container and move it that way!

DebbieJ
12-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Pitch em! We did what Lori did when we moved recently.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg