PDA

View Full Version : Source for inexpensive frames?

Globetrotter
12-09-2005, 05:41 AM
I am doing a major framing project - six years worth of portraits! I need about 30 frames!!! yikes.

Preferably silver (matte finish) in 11 x 14 and 8 x 10.

I found some I like for $10 each:

http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1855865&cp=1331609.1334519&view=all&parentPage=family

But 30 frames will add up really fast :(
Any ideas?? Have you seen anything like this for less? It wouldn't have seemed so bad if I'd done it a few at a time, like most people LOL

Kris

jenjenfirenjen
12-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Dollar store. I'm not sure if they have 11 X 14 but they definitely have 8 X 10.

ctmom
12-09-2005, 07:05 AM
do you have a Christmas Tree Shop around? That is where i've gotten some nice looking but inexpensive frames recently. I would also check Michael's Crafts when they are having a sale...Believe me, you are not along in waiting to frame pictures. When I got a bunch at Christmas Tree Shop I had to get about a dozen because we were FINALLY starting to put pictures up on our walls and we finished remodeling/rebuilding our house a year ago!!

KBecks
12-09-2005, 07:07 AM
You could also try Wal-Mart or KMart.

Good luck!

karolyp
12-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Old time Pottery sells cheap frames, but I don't know if they have a store in your location. Their website is:
http://www.oldtimepottery.com/

Also try:
http://www.pictureframes.com/scripts/WebObjects/PictureFrames.woa/wa/Home?src=www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-

I've never ordered anything from them, but have requested some free samples

And you can always get discount frames from Michaels or Joann's as they frequently will put their entire selection on sale for 50% off (but their prices can be inflated so you might not save that much)

Also, I know a great framer in the pensacola area (if you live anywhere close to there)

HTH

JTsMom
12-09-2005, 08:39 AM
I third the rec for Michaels- I just bought some there for 40% off, or you can get a bunch of their 50% off coupons from the Sunday paper. You might have to buy 30 papers, but it would still save you a ton. They are only good on regularly priced stuff though, so you'd have to buy non-sale ones.

Walmart would probably be a good place for those also. They are simple, so I'd think you'd be able to do better than $10.

neeter
12-09-2005, 08:43 AM
Sometimes LNT will have coupons for 20-25% off the entire purchase - that might work for you. Check www.fatwallet.com and do a search on LNT -- they will usually post updates on their sales and deals.

kensjen
12-09-2005, 11:21 AM
IKEA!!

Dee150
12-09-2005, 11:26 AM
I have been very lucky with Big Lots for frames. Try them if you have any in your area. I've picked up Burnes of Boston, Carr frame sets for gifts for very very little (not absolutely sure, but I think I paid $3.99 for 5 frames of different sizes- 2 were really tiny). They also usually carry lots of individual frames. 30 frames in the same size and design- that I'm not sure you'd find in one store, but definitely worth checking out.

Globetrotter
12-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Thanks! These are all GREAT ideas, and I wouldn't have thought of them on my own! One other idea.. do you know when Aaron Brothers has their big frame sale?

I just framed a bunch of art prints there, and someone told me they have this sale, but I already framed those. DH is not so busy at work right now (he often works on weekends) so I am racing to do as much as I can during the holidays.

I can't justify buying the others without a coupon or deal of some sort.

We painted and did some remodeling over a YEAR ago, and all the walls are blank. I was either pregnant or nursing for pretty much five years, until a year ago. Also, DS finally joined a drop off preschool, so I finally feel I have some time to myself!

Kris

Twin Mom
12-09-2005, 11:23 PM
TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross and Tuesday Morning also have inexpensive frames.