PDA

View Full Version : OT: Which PDA To Get?

randomkid
12-13-2005, 10:49 PM
I told DH that I want a PDA for Christmas. I want one that is basic and not too expensive. I will mostly use it for keeping track of appointments, my work schedule (since it is so random these days) and phone numbers/addresses. I want one that will not loose the data when the battery dies, but don't need anything super fancy.

Any suggestions for a good PDA that is reasonably priced?

TIA,

kath68
12-14-2005, 12:32 AM
I am not great at keeping up on what is out there tech-wise, and I don't know your price range, but check out this website -- it has a lot of reviews of different pdas, and talks about what features are useful, and gives you the prices at various websites.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Handhelds/2001-3127_7-0.html?tag=cnetfd.dir

I have a pda that I inherited from my MIL. While I am no expert, I would say that an essential feature is some kind of cradle so you can easily synch up with your computer. That way you have a back-up in case the battery goes dead, plus it is nice to be able to type stuff in on your computer, and not have to deal with typing on your much smaller pda.

I also use mine to store pictures (so I can more easily hold people captive and show them pics of DS! LOL). For that reason color is really good. It is good anyway, and probably standard these days anyway, even if a bit pricier.

Good luck! I hope you find one you like!

ellies mom
12-14-2005, 03:04 AM
Palm's Z22 is on my Christmas list this year. It is pretty basic and runs $99. It is nice and small too.

Here is a link to it on Palm's site.
http://www.palm.com/us/products/handhelds/z22/

annex
12-14-2005, 11:15 AM
I also researched the Palm Z22 for Christmas presents as well, and it does seem to be a very well reviewed, and very economical choice for people who would like a nice basic PDA with color screen. It's new, so not sure about long-term reliability yet.

Anne

kransden
12-15-2005, 03:36 PM
My dh switched from a PDA to crackberry uh I mean blackberry cell phone. :) It is his new love. He has had it for two months and the affair is still going hot and heavy. So you should check into that and see it if fits your needs. He also like the fact he only has 1 thing to carry.
Karin and Katie 10/24/02

janettadine
12-15-2005, 03:45 PM
My dad found this one at Target: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009PLI6/sr=1-5/qid=1134679337/ref=sr_1_5/002-4481585-5616869?%5Fencoding=UTF8 . Sharp also makes a couple others with different amounts of memory (the cheapest is $20!). He had a Palm, but found he just kept addresses in it, so he downgraded. I can't find it on the Target website, but I have seen it in their stores.

Good luck!
Janet

cilantromapuche
12-15-2005, 04:21 PM
I second the blackberry for just one thing to carry but I wouldn't consider it resonably priced if you are just looking for basic. I would recommend the Tungsten E2. It keeps DS occupied at looking at pics and movies of himself or drawing. very handy for other stuff too.

Christine

mama to A (7/03)

Ari
12-28-2005, 07:19 PM
I think Verizon has some pretty good deals on PDA'S