PDA

View Full Version : How old should DC be to use a tricycle?

searchdog
12-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Just wondered what the average age is for a child to use a tricycle. I want to get DD a Kettler, but she is only 18 months old and will be closer to 2 years old this summer when she would really get to get outside and use it.

So my question is how old was your DC when they were able to use and have fun with a tricycle?

I am debating between an Air Happy and an Air Navigator, so any input on either of these is welcomed. I know there are old threads but they are overwhelming to read through.

Thanks

MarisaSF
12-18-2005, 11:10 PM
This thread from Around the House is not overwhelming (9 replies) and should answer your questions about age and best models for your DD's age. It helped me...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=36949&mesg_id=36949&listing_type=search

Happy shopping!

ellies mom
12-18-2005, 11:16 PM
That is a good link. One of the more helpful ones I've seen. Thanks.

Momof3Labs
12-19-2005, 10:25 AM
DS was able to pedal effectively on his own the summer before he turned 3 years old. 2 years is a little young to expect much trike riding, though she can certainly sit on it at that age while you push!

jacobmatias
12-19-2005, 12:34 PM
My son got his first trike on his second birthday and was able to ride it the same day. So you can always try.

kath68
12-19-2005, 12:47 PM
DS is 20 months, and he loves trikes. They have 'em at daycare, and "riding a bike" is yet another way he tries to be like the big kids. He can't pedal a trike yet, but he likes sitting on a trike and trying. Then he'll stand and walk himself along, holding on to the handlebars. So while he doesn't use them as they are intended, he really does enjoy playing with them.

I am considering getting him a cheap-o one for home use.

new_mommy25
12-19-2005, 12:48 PM
My 27 month old still can't pedal his Kettler although his legs are long enough. It's still great with the pushbar.

Ari
12-28-2005, 06:37 PM
My daughter is 20 mo, she has had hers for a few mo. she rides it in the house.