PDA

View Full Version : What to do for New Year's?

jamsmu
12-30-2005, 08:31 AM
Wesley is still sick so it'll be just us for New Year's. I'm trying to think of something fun... so we don't end up watching TV like we did on Christmas and Christmas Eve. Any ideas for a special, easy dinner? Tacos has crossed my mind, as its something DS can do with his hands. And I was also thinking of borrowing a fondue pot for toast marshmallows for dessert... or making ice cream sundaes.

Any other ideas????

And what about things to do with a toddler? I want to make it special.

bcky2
12-30-2005, 11:23 AM
the marshmallows sound like a great idea. also for dinner my boys love the veggie pizzas. you just take a can of cresent rolls and lay them out flat and press seams together. bake and let cool. we like our cream cheese mixed with dry italian dressing. spread on the "crust" and add veggies. we like black olives, marinated artichoke hearts, and some roasted red peppers. you can really use anything that you like. you could also do dry ranch dressing with the cream cheese and veggies of your choice. my boys love it and they can help make it :)

maybe get some noise makers and some party hats. some special nye plates. maybe make a special punch. play some board games as a family(hungry hungry hippos and such like that). put on some music and turn off the tv and dance and have some fun :)

kensjen
12-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Sorry Wesley is still sick. :(

I think we are going to fondue again (we did it for Christmas and it was a hit). We also will probably build a fire in the fireplace and make s'mores. DS loves this. I'm also thinking we might make cookies or something. My mom sent DS some train cookie cutters and I seem to have plenty of cookie ingredients sitting around, lol!

Yesterday I stopped in the party store and spent about $4 on a bunch of fun new year's stuff. I got a couple of hats and a bunch of different noisemakers. There were a ton of them that seem toddler friendly and most of them were about 50 cents! :) Not sure how late he will be able to stay up but we'll party early. I wanted to make it fun and special even though it will just be the 3 of us staying home. I'm thinking I can get some cute photos, too.

Corie
12-31-2005, 12:47 AM
I get some helium-filled balloons, one for each member
of our family. My daughter usually picks a different
color for each person.

Then, on New Year's Eve, we go outside and each person
gets to make a wish for the coming year. Then, you
let go of your balloon! This year, I may attach a Yahoo
email address to the balloons in hope that we can track how far
they traveled.

Plus, we also do Silly String while we are outside and
sometimes we do Sparklers.

We also live in Texas so it is still very nice outside!
So, we are able to go outside to do these things.