PDA

View Full Version : Washing help!

kochh2
12-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi!!
we just bought a new comforter and duvet cover at a really great bargain.. we'd gotten a GC to LNT and got it fromt here, well.. i went to wash it and realized the darn thing is DRY CLEAN ONLY... ugh, what a PITA... so, It's a woven jacquard fabric, made of cotton and poly... WHY DO I NEED TO DC it??? anybody have any suggestions?? I want to return it, but DH says oh, most ar eprobably DC only, or if not, they are very expensive... NO!!! I Disagree, and will not put it on the bed until i find out if i can machine wash it, even if just on cold/gentle cycle... and dry it... whats the point of having a duvet cover to protect a down comforter if it's not easily washable?? ugh... I rant... anybody help????????
TIA!
Holly

daniele_ut
12-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Well, I can't say whether the one you purchased can safely be machine washed, but I have owned several machine washable duvet covers. If it were me, I'd probably see if you can find another one at LNT that you like that is labeled machine washable.

mskitty
12-30-2005, 11:20 PM
I guess I live on the wild side... anything cotton/poly blend goes in my wash machine. I would keep it on low temps ie wash it on cold and dry on the lowest setting until its nearly dry. Then again I'm mainly a garage sale/thrift store shopper so I haven't lost much if it turns out funky.

Many of the manufacturers slap "dry clean only" on a lot of stuff just to protect themselves. I might consider a water test on the hidden inseam to test that its color fast before I throw it in the wash machine. It's a pain to run two loads of nothing in your washer to get all the red dye out from something that wasn't really color safe.

MsKitty

kochh2
01-02-2006, 10:26 AM
OK, thanks!! I decided not to risk it, so i went to another LNT and found a beautiful maroon microfiber embroidered Duvet cover for evn cheaper LOL, machine washable, and i like it better than the first one!! YEAH!!!
:)Happy new year!