PDA

View Full Version : Interesting site - ripoffreport.com

Twin Mom
12-30-2005, 11:34 AM
I was listening to Clark Howard on the radio a few days ago and he mentioned a site called www.ripoffreport.com. The caller had received a call from a company that offered him a credit card for $299 where he had to give his bank account # over the phone. Of course Clark said it was a scam and that you should never give your bank account # over the phone because the party could steal all of your money, not just the amount you "authorized". Clark confirmed the scam by checking this site.

Anyway, I'm sure most of the smart ladies here already know not to give bank account info over the phone, but the site he mentioned seemed like it might be helpful in lots of areas. I haven't looked at it extensively but wanted to let you guys know it was out there as a reference. For those who haven't heard of Clark, he is a local consumer reporter with a nationally syndicated radio show.

HTH.

newnana
12-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Oh I love Clark!! We don't get him here, but I catch him when we go down to my folks. I know not to give out my bank info, but this could certainly be handy with other stuff. Between listening to him and Paul Harvey I wouldn't need any other radio station. Thanks so much!
Michelle

bcky2
12-30-2005, 02:15 PM
you can read posts about x's and other such stuff! i would have never thought that you could report your x to a rip off site :o