PDA

View Full Version : i am begging for your computer help!!!!!!!!!!

bcky2
12-31-2005, 12:43 AM
ok, i was on a yahoo group and stupid me i hit the chat button and i know that screws up my computer. so i hit the x in the corner to close me out and then i was going to just jump back on. well when i closed out and tried to get back on i got a message saying that i had a "default" something or other and i had to name it. it would not let me out so i named it. i go to log on and bam....everything that i had is gone. i am back to square one, i even had to set up a new home page and i cant for the life of me get it back to how it was. i have mozilla firefox and i would do anything for the person who can tell me how to get everything back. please i beg of you, help me!!!!!!!!!

JBaxter
01-02-2006, 09:18 AM
no help here... Did you get the problem solved?

bcky2
01-02-2006, 09:39 AM
nope, i couldnt find my stuff anywhere. i had to go in and set up a new home page and redo my toolbar(which will never be the same :( ) and try to hunt down everything i had bookmarked and then find out why every site i went to had nothing there but a blank page. i am still rebuilding and i doubt i will ever get it back to how i had it.

searchdog
01-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Are you sure you didn't just switch users in Firefox? Hubby uses firefox and is at work, but I can ask him about it tonight if no one else figures it out.

kedss
01-02-2006, 10:00 AM
sometimes you can switch desktops withour realizing, but I've never seen the screen that told you about the default thing you had to name. Sorry, its just hard to know what happened without seeing your monitor IRL.

I hope you can get your stuff back.

bcky2
01-02-2006, 10:35 AM
i thought about that but i still show up as the user/owner. maybe when i renamed the whatever it was it deleted out the default setting i had where everything was. i have searched all default files and nothing is my info. i also did a search for what i named the file or whatever it was and it says there is no such one! i hate being so stupid when it comes to computers!

bcky2
01-02-2006, 10:37 AM
i had never seen it befor either. befor this happened in the right hand corner of my computer above where it displayes the time it said default in really light letters. now that is gone. i always wondered why that said default there, i guess now i know :)