PDA

View Full Version : Does your dc have a nickname?

buddyleebaby
01-01-2006, 05:36 PM
If so, who gave it to them?
We have the habit of calling dd random names (usually food items).
Most recently, the extended family (myself included) has taken to calling her "Babygail", a shortened version of "Baby Abigail" which is how they had been referring to her. My brother calls her "Baby yam yam".
(I don't know where he got that from).
I have a cousin named Xavier and his parents call him Herb. Herb is not his middle name or anything.
So does your dc have a nickname?

ribbit1019
01-01-2006, 09:49 PM
DD has several, I sometimes wonder how she knows her actual name!
When she was in utero and for a while after she was born her nickname was Squirmlette, that was shortened to Squirmy. That is the most common nickname for her now.
Squirmy McSquirms from me.
My father calls DD Squirmy Monster, and it's variant Monstastroni.
Diggle (given by us for the way she says Tickle and sister's boyfriend calls her this now), Bubba (DH and I) and Lil' bit by FIL.
Christy
Maddy born 6/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
Little Man due 3/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png
Co-Owner Ribbit Baby

Aunt to sweet baby boy
01-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Well Avi's full name is Avraham Mayer which is what i call him when i want to get his attention. I call avi pumpkin pie sometimes, i dont know where it came from. Avi's mom calls him puppy and kitty. He is also called "kid" by some people and really whatever pops into my head when i see him. LOL! Poor confused Avi!

Ilana

Lovingliv
01-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Fun post!

We call her
1. baby girl
2. Liv
3. tweedle bug
4. lovey
5. stinky
6. kitty

Babywhite
01-02-2006, 12:00 AM
DD's name is Julianna -- nickname "JuJu"
given by mom (me) in the hospital at first sight -- Julianna sounded to "big" for such a little "gift"

My nickname was/is "Doodles" -- given by my parents -- No clue why! :)

kijip
01-02-2006, 03:27 AM
Toby! It is short for Tobias.

I call him various cutsey names as well but nothing in particular.

MMEand1
01-02-2006, 05:25 AM
My DD's name is Eliza, but from day 1 my DS has called her Zsa Zsa. At first we thought that he could not say Eliza, but whe would ask him if her name was Eliza and he would say "No Mom, it's Zsa Zsa." We have heard him say Eliza, so we know he can say it, but still chooses Zsa Zsa. Needless to say, that's what we call her now, and have even started introducing her as Zsa Zsa!! I guess when she graduates and they call out her given name everyone is going to say "WHO???"

I don't care...it fun!
Mariah P.

lizajane
01-02-2006, 10:55 AM
schuyler is still "monkey." or "the monk."

dylan is "the squirell." or lately, "snout."

also, we all have breakfast names. schuyler is cinnamon toast, dylan scrambled eggs, i am orange juice, daddy is cheerios, grandmommy hot tea, grandaddy coffee cup, grandma oatmeal, i don't think grandpa has one???

bcky2
01-02-2006, 11:23 AM
yep! my older ds is hootie(it is from a simpsons episode). my younger ds is nugget or nuggie, he looked so much smaller then his older brother when he was born. i made the comment at the hospital that he was just a little nugget and it kind of stuck :)

Jenn98
01-02-2006, 12:04 PM
My DD's name is Josephine, but I've called her Little Girl since waaaay before she was born. After she was born I called her Pumpkin Butt almost exclusively - not because she had a funny lookin' bum or anything. I don't know where it came from, it just came. So, now she's either Josephine, Baby Girl, Little Girl or Pumkin Butt. Although Pumpkin Butt is beginning to refer to her when she is in a less than pleasant mood! :)

Everyone thought Josephine was too "big" of a name for such a little girl, but we don't care. We like it! I figure she'll shorten it when she gets into school. Or maybe we'll start calling her Joey when she can move around alot more. (That'll make my mom drop dead - a little girl called Joey?!?!?! hee hee)

Jenn

sbjf
01-02-2006, 12:09 PM
I think of a nickname as calling a James "Buddy" or "Chip". What we have are just little pet names for our kids that are really silly.

John: Stinker Boo, Stinker, Boo Boo, Johnny Boy, Big John.

Max: Maxi-Doodle, Piglet, Max Bear, Bear

pittsburghgirl
01-02-2006, 01:12 PM
My DH had a little trouble accepting calling DS by his full name, one of the reasons it took us two days to agree on a name after he was born! He started with Jimmy Boy (which I nixed) and then started calling him James E. Boy. When we noticed that the initials for that spelled Jeb, Jeb or Jebby it was, and still is. (And occasionally Jeb-dog or J.D.)

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

marcywench
01-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Another pumpkin pie!

1. pumpkin/pumpkin pie/punkin'/punkin' butt
2. bella
3. little bella
4. peanut/peanut butter
5. stinky
6. squirmules (like hercules)
7. little girl
8. boo boo

Splash
01-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Charlie (not really a pet name) Chuzzle, and eyeballs. Mostly Chuzzle.

lmintzer
01-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Our list was pretty long when they were really tiny. Now, what we have is:

Jack: Mr. Cute Face, Orso Grande, Big Bear, or J-Roo

Joshua: Peanut, Ducky, Lamby (these two less common now that he's a little older), Josh-a-boo, Bugaboo Bear or Bugaboo, sometimes truncated to Bug-boo.

One of my favorites from both of their infancies: "Little Peach-headed boy" (since they had nothing but peach fuzz). Gosh, we had so many. It's a wonder they learned their names!

jhaud
01-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Genevieve was "G" in utero and dh's workmates still know her as "the G" we decided on Gigi while in the hospital... again, too big of a name for such a little girl.

-Gena/Gena-ba-neena
-monkey/monk/monkey-butt (red-a$$ed baboon when she has bad diaper rash)
-pumpkin/pumpkin-butt
-our librarian calls her Genna
-her granny (my mil) calls her Genny(but spelled jenny - which annoys the pi$$ out of me, as i am Jennifer and she called me that until dd-so now i always answer)
-tootsie by grampy (my dad)
-Gee by various in my family
-vivi or g-monster by my brother
etc, etc,...

our animals all have various nicknames also. i don't expect full understanding that her name is genevieve for a while yet!

TraciG
01-02-2006, 03:01 PM
I thought I'd sometimes call Sydney Syd, but so far I haven't. I call her silly names, baby girl , muffin, baby face or monkey face !

TraciG
01-02-2006, 03:02 PM
How could i forget I call her PUMPKIN most of the time !

TraciG
01-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Just reminded me, Sydney's Aunt calls her JooJoo, it's Persian

chiqanita
01-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey my sister's name is 'Joey' as a nickname. Her real name Josefina...Spanish for Josephine.

Sometimes I call her Joely or Joy.

cool name for a girl.

kboyle
01-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Isn't it funny how many Pumpkin Butt's are out there :)

Charlie: Pumpkin...(Butt head), Bubutt (DH made that up, and when he pulls into the driveway DS screams "Bubutt's home, they call each other that) Charlie Jean (whenever I get mad :)

Max: Stinky Butt, Monkey...(Max, butt, head, nose, toes, whatever body part comes to mind) Chunky

chiqanita
01-03-2006, 05:10 PM
My turn, this is a cute thread.
My twins are GooGoo Boy & Bligo Boy.
GooGoo Boy because that was his first 'word'.
Bligo Boy because he walks around with his finger in his bligo (bellybutton) all day.

VClute
01-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Isn't it funny how many DS's names involve stinky or monkey? I call my boy Monkey Butt, Monkey Baby, Monkey Bear, Pooh Bear, Booger Bear, Sugar Booger, or just plain Booger. My mom calls him Tooker Toes sometimes. When I was pregnant, I just called him "Belly."

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05

buddyleebaby
01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
In utero, Abigail was "Buddy Lee" (hence the username). We didn't know her gender and she was very active so my dh dubbed her "Buddy lee, baby of action", after the old jeans commercisl.

Corie
01-03-2006, 10:02 PM
My daughter, Carson has been Monkey since she was born.
We also call her Monk or The Monkster or Monkey Tooties.
Sometimes, we call her The Carsonator. :)

My son, Knox is either Knoxie or Knoxie Baby.
It's hysterical to hear my daughter say Knoxie Baby.
She says it so long and drawn out. Sounds like she is
announcing a rock star! :)

kfk
01-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Their "official" nicknames (which I use all the time) are Jake and Zac. DH calls them by their full names, Jacob and Isaac.

I called Zac "lion" as a baby because he would do this open mouth grin thing that reminded me of the Chinese lion masks.

I call them puppy, kitten, monkey and bunny rabbit. Also noodle. All interchangeable.

DH calls them both pancho. He's also called them little Johnny Cash and little Joey Ramone (he wanted to name them Johnny and Joey!). He calls Zac "Elvis" as do the ladies at the flowershop.

He calls Jake "Baby Bull", because he head butts, and is persistent and physical. This was the nickname of a MLB player.

bcky2
01-04-2006, 07:29 PM
we have a max that we sometimes call maxi-moo :)

Judegirl
01-05-2006, 01:58 AM
Our poor kid (Riordan) has about a million names...we call her:

Riordan
Rory/Roar
Reed/Reedy

We had planned to be able to call her Rio, but so far it doesn't fit. Maybe when she's a teenager... ;)

Pet names:
Rory-monster
Reed-a-muffin
Reedy-face
Rory-bot
Kookyhead
Stinkyface

Jude