PDA

View Full Version : Should I Be Worried?

Raidra
01-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Colwyn is sick. That in itself isn't a big deal, but he's acting out of the ordinary which has me worried. He woke up with a bit of a cough this morning, but nothing too severe. I thought once or twice he was going to throw up early this morning, and then he finally did around noon, while he was eating lunch. He was subdued all morning, but went out with my parents (I got to sleep in, so I wasn't awake until he got back at noon). He had a normal nap, and woke up happy enough. I had to take the baby to the doctor's office around 4:00pm, and Colwyn stayed at home with my husband. My husband said that Colwyn sat in his chair watching TV the whole time I was gone. When I got back around 4:45pm, I set him up on the couch, where he laid pretty much unmoving until about 6:00pm. A lot of the time he spent staring off into space, away from the TV, and he dozed a bit. He felt warm, so I took his temperature, and he didn't even seem to notice. His temp was 101.7. We offered him dinner at 6:00pm.. he only perked up when the dog came over and sniffed at his food--Colwyn took a few bites and then threw up again. He's sitting on the couch now looking at books.

So, the problem is.. he's been very sick and miserable before, but he's always kept playing normally. Lachlann has been sick with a head cold and fever, but no vomiting, and he's been his normal, grumpy self (okay, maybe a little grumpier than normal). Should I be worried that Colwyn seems so lethargic, when that's not his normal MO when sick?

Thanks!

mamicka
01-02-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't think anything serious is going on, but I would definitely call the doc just to run it by them.

We've all been going through the sickies here as well - it's soo not fun.

Hope your little guys feel better soon!
Allison

SeekerMage
01-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Sounds like he is just sick and maybe feeling too yucky to play. There are so many different kinds of sick, perhaps this is a more "flu like" kinda sick where your body aches and you just dont feel all that great vs the cold kinda sick where you are stuffy and feel crappy but keep your mind off of it and its not too bad. Try and keep some fluids into him (not water it will make him vomitt more) and maybe call the dr in the morning. Probably just a bug thats really gotten to him this time. poor guy...hope ya feel better soon!