PDA

View Full Version : $100 GC to Neiman Marcus - suggestions?

firstbaby
01-02-2006, 07:48 PM
I would normally never shop there but got a $100 GC over the holidays. Some things I've thought about include a Jo Malone perfume (maybe orange blossom or french lime though I've never smelled IRL) or some short UGG boots. I don't want to go much over (if at all) the GC amount but for something reasonable I would consider it. I'm PG otherwise I would look at a pair of jeans or another clothing piece that is a little unusual. Also, I haven't really bought any make-up products since my wedding so I am open to that as well. I am looking forward to your suggestions!

ilovetivo
01-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics?

Can us use it at the restaurant? I love the Zodiac Room and I think they have them in most NM

kelly ann
01-02-2006, 09:27 PM
I would probably spend it on skincare for myself. I believe they carry Kiehls which is a good line of skin and body care.

What a nice gift :)

jamsmu
01-02-2006, 09:44 PM
I'd probably go with make-up. Everything else there is going to cost you a lot more--unless its a small tank top or something. :) I usually get bobi brown make-up there.

OR, if you have crystal or china from your wedding registry, you could always get something from their gift department to match. Or just a really pretty item for your home. They have some beautiful small deco stuff there for when you dress up your dining room or cocktail table.

neeter
01-02-2006, 09:47 PM
what a fun treat! neimans has a great selection of kate spade products, if you like her style.

ctc221
01-02-2006, 10:24 PM
If you don't want to go much over $100, I would definitely check out the beauty products. Neiman carries some lines that are harder to find or even exclusive to the store. For a personal treat, I would go for a perfume. Jo Malone is nice. I love the Creed line. Also, skincare products would be nice. I love Kiehl's products, and they're relatively reasonably priced so you could probably get a bunch of stuff for $100. They also have baby care products, too. Another line that I like is Fresh, which used to be hard to find but now is available at Sephora's too.

If you're interested in baby stuff, Neiman's does carry some higher-end diaper bags (Kate Spade, Petunia Picklebottom, Juicy Couture, Isabella Fiore, etc.); you would have to go over $100, but the GC would certainly cover a chunk of the cost.

Happy shopping!

AC

DD 02/02
DS 11/04